What happened to Duncan Taylor

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 948 votes
12y

My sources at the Pentagon tell me he's on a top secret mission, but they do know the details. He's either flying that G4 over the "real" search area looking for that missing 777, or he's deep inside of the Ukraine repelling the commies.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sharad M.Pro Member
    Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I am sure he is active on site under a different name or too busy mentoring :)

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    12y

    @Sharad M.

    Hope he comes back he defiantly had good things to talk about

  • Real Estate Investor · WI · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 33 votes
    12y

    I was wondering the same thing. I figured He was on a golfing vacation someplace exotic.

    @Duncan Taylor

  • SFR Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 604 posts · 243 votes
    12y

    you know we had the craigslist killer in Boston, set up appointments with prostitutes and killed them,,,do we have a Bigger Pockets stalker,,asking for a mentor then holding them hostage until they tell all of the 'secrets of real estate".....

    I bet he is on vacation or busy with work

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    He was changing jobs recently, I bet he has gotten busy with that. It was going to be a big change I think.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 948 votes
    12y

    I've been missing him too. I think his account is still active, unlike the other guy that he got into an argument with. I kind of enjoy a little drama on the site and it's been really mild here lately. I think his website/blog is down too.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    12y

    @Bryan L.

    I have said this before but this site needs a HOT Section were spirited debate can take place.. No profanity but other wise anything goes..

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    12y

    Jay it takes a lot to moderate what is already here.

    The last thing I think Josh wants ( I can't speak for him ) is to encourage debates on controversial topics that quickly get out of control.

    There is already an off topic section but I do not know if everyone can post there.

    A lot of trolls, link droppers, etc. constantly barrage the site. These spirited debates often get out of control very fast and take a lot to moderate to either stop the topic all together or get things back on track. I just do not think it is that productive to the site and it's mission.

    Hopefully Josh and Brandon can jump in and offer their take on it.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    12y

    @Joel Owens

    Point taken... WE have one on my airplane site and it leads to spirited debates and by and large I think our members on that site is by and large a much smaller tight knit group Plus you have to pay to be a member... As I think about this like you say there is so many post from unknown sources on BP But any way it was just a thought

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    Originally he signed up being in WA, but wasn't there saying he was out of country, then registered in GA. Who knows? Might ask Joe Gore, he may have an idea where Duncan went. He's an IT guy is what I thought so the internet doesn't seem to be a difficult thing to get on from anyplace. Said he was retired, then working a new job, so again, no idea. He's close to my age and at our ages a hospital stay can be a heart beat away. We've already lost a couple active members, but I'd bet he's still on the green side. :)

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 948 votes
    12y

    My sources at the Pentagon tell me he's on a top secret mission, but they do know the details. He's either flying that G4 over the "real" search area looking for that missing 777, or he's deep inside of the Ukraine repelling the commies.

  • Real Estate Investor · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2012 · 480 posts · 116 votes
    12y

    I think he said in one post he was out of commission for a while due to knee surgery when he stumbled along BP. With that out of the way, I bet he's moved on to more important things to do. We all get busy and need to focus sometimes. Also, he said he took on a mentee and I don't think he's been around much since. I'd say he accomplished what he wanted to do. Who knows, he could be back at some point, but he didn't really seem to need anything except something to occupy his time while he was recoverying from knee surgery. I must say, he definitely livened things up around here with some stimulating conversations, so it would be nice to see him back at some point.

  • CA · Member since 2011 · 762 posts · 182 votes
    12y

    Mostly, I miss the beating the dead horse video!

  • Mike HurneyPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 542 votes
    12y

    Might have gone to that Big Pocket in the sky?

  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2013 · 866 posts · 487 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Bill Gulley:
    Originally he signed up being in WA, but wasn't there saying he was out of country, then registered in GA. Who knows? Might ask Joe Gore, he may have an idea where Duncan went. He's an IT guy is what I thought so the internet doesn't seem to be a difficult thing to get on from anyplace. Said he was retired, then working a new job, so again, no idea. He's close to my age and at our ages a hospital stay can be a heart beat away. We've already lost a couple active members, but I'd bet he's still on the green side. :)

    Yes, I am still on the green side. lol.

    When I signed up I lived in WA state and disclosed that. When I changed my residence to GA, I disclosed that. When we recently moved up here on the lake in Dawsonville, I updated my profile again. If anyone is interested in a home in TPC Sugarloaf, Berkshire-Hathaway has the listing.

    I left my position with the company in WA in February but I joined a VC at the start of March. That has been an E-Ticket ride so far. (Those my age will get it.)

    I've just been busy. Between the new VC, mentoring, getting the WA property squared away, trying to buy the one next to it, moving to the lake, golf when I can and other activities I haven't been here very much lately. I'll try to get here more often. But summer is coming and that means the grandkids will take center stage.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    Good to hear, at least you're not pushing up daisies. Don't be falling in the lake either, it's still toooo cold! :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2013 · 866 posts · 487 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Mostly, I miss the beating the dead horse video!
  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2013 · 866 posts · 487 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Sharad M.:
    I am sure he is active on site under a different name or too busy mentoring :)

    Nope, just been a little busy.

  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2013 · 866 posts · 487 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Gerald K.:
    I think he said in one post he was out of commission for a while due to knee surgery when he stumbled along BP. With that out of the way, I bet he's moved on to more important things to do. We all get busy and need to focus sometimes. Also, he said he took on a mentee and I don't think he's been around much since. I'd say he accomplished what he wanted to do. Who knows, he could be back at some point, but he didn't really seem to need anything except something to occupy his time while he was recoverying from knee surgery. I must say, he definitely livened things up around here with some stimulating conversations, so it would be nice to see him back at some point.

    Honestly, I didn't come here to accomplish any agenda. It was just something to do while the knees were healing. But, this site is interestingly addictive.

  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2013 · 866 posts · 487 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Bill Gulley:
    Good to hear, at least you're not pushing up daisies. Don't be falling in the lake either, it's still toooo cold! :)

    The locals tell me the lake usually inverts in late April or early May. But, it was below freezing again last night and will be again tonight. They tell me it might be late May or early June, like in 1982, before it happens. Until then, it is way too cold to get in by choice.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    I never sail the Pamlico, till at least mid-June or get on any water toys.....enjoy the lake living! :)

  • Real Estate Attorney · Manhattan, NY · Member since 2014 · 129 posts · 106 votes
    12y

    @Brian L.

    "I've been missing him too. I think his account is still active, unlike the other guy that he got into an argument with. I kind of enjoy a little drama on the site and it's been really mild here lately."

    I am the other 'guy" but am not a guy but a lady and my account is also still active. I just felt that there wasn;t much going in these posts so I have not logged on for a while.

    Hope to keep you entertained!

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Pat Marco:
    @Brian L.

    "I've been missing him too. I think his account is still active, unlike the other guy that he got into an argument with. I kind of enjoy a little drama on the site and it's been really mild here lately."

    I am the other 'guy" but am not a guy but a lady and my account is also still active. I just felt that there wasn;t much going in these posts so I have not logged on for a while.

    Hope to keep you entertained!

    Welcome back Pat! :)

  • Real Estate Attorney · Manhattan, NY · Member since 2014 · 129 posts · 106 votes
    12y

    @Bill Gulley

    Thank you Bill

  • Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @Duncan Taylor I too had missed you and I am glad to see are doing well! Although I like flying orcas/dolphins(?) and sunsets, it took me awhile to get used to the photo change. I liked seeing your mug. :-) Your fan club welcomes you back!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.