How Do YOU Find Good Contractors?

How Do YOU Find Good Contractors?

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

Hey folks, 

I'm working on a blog post for BiggerPockets called "How to Find a Great Contractor" and I'd love some community input!

So... how do YOU find good contractors? What's your best tip? 

(answers may be used in an upcoming post and/or possibly in an upcoming book...) 

***UPDATE: The post is LIVE that I've been researching for! http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/03/14/how-to-find-a-contractor/ ) Thanks everyone for your input!  Look for the book also that this will be part of sometime this summer :) ***

3Reply
200 views

Most Popular Reply

Darren SagerPro Member
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

I think one of the best advice ever given (and I'm sure I heard it here on BP) was to ask another contractor who they like to follow.   So if I was looking for a good person to put  up drywall I would ask a painter who always sets him up to make his job easier to finish.   Anywhere along the supply chain you should be able to locate the best person to do the job based upon the work being done. 

Also another great way that I've done is to visit supply houses and ask the guys who work there who they'd have work on their houses.   That gives incredible insight as to who really understands what they do for a living based upon the people who service them.

See this reply in the discussion

74 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.