Kansas City Missouri Zip Codes

143 Replies

KCMO is bit easier to research from afar, also lot of the Indy stuff revovles around low properties rent/value wise.

I'd define your target and get the area that best fits your budget/goals..

@Chris Dawson - Whats your take on 64131?

I am looking into a deal in the area off west of troost around E 79th and wanted to get your opinion

Looking at the med HH income on city-data.com for the zipcode shows 43k which isnt too bad but heat map for crime on trulia doesnt look that great and would like to get a feedback from some of the locals

Thanks

@Vik P.   This is definitely a Class C area.  I wouldn't try flipping anything in this area but it could make for a decent rental.  Lots of Sect 8 opportunities in that area, if you want to deal with Sect 8.  The further west of Troost you go, the better chance you will be in a better neighborhood.  

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by @Chris Dawson :

@Vik P.  This is definitely a Class C area.  I wouldn't try flipping anything in this area but it could make for a decent rental.  Lots of Sect 8 opportunities in that area, if you want to deal with Sect 8.  The further west of Troost you go, the better chance you will be in a better neighborhood.  

Hope this helps.

Got it. Thanks

I am not planning to flip. It’d be a buy and hold rental

The deal I am looking into is for a pkg for SFRs two are market rent and one is sec 8. 

I own a number of rentals in KCMO but none of them are sec 8 and I dont think I am interested in that either

Anyway thanks for the info

Appreciate the list. We may be moving to the area next year and this will definitely help.

If you were to make the list today would it still look pretty much like it did 3 years ago? What, if any, changes would there be?

So, North of the river near WOF (64116, 64117) is a good area now? I don't ever remember it being a place to go. I know there is high crime there but good schools. Does that make sense? Any specific areas to avoid in those area codes?

Been said many times already but really appreciate the time and effort, @Chris Dawson . I have been researching the talking to people in the KC market for the last few months. Super helpful to have this list and all of your insights. 

Big shout and thanks again. 

@Chris Dawson Just mirroring what everyone has said! Incredible and invaluable information- thank you so much for the analysis. 

I was wondering, whoever, given the 3 year time difference: are there any areas in your original post that have changed dramatically since then that one should be mindful of?

Thank so much for your time and contribution!

Cheers

Does anyone know how 64052 is doing these days? I'm eyeing a duplex north of 23rd, south of Truman, a bit west of Sterling. TIA

@Nic Stergion - not sure about your specific streets, but I can tell you I just sold one of my rentals located on S. Harvard Avenue in 64052 for a nice profit to a buyer I'm holding financing on.  Never had a vacancy on it or any kind of vandalism before that either, so all good results.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here