Most repetitive topics on BP

Most repetitive topics on BP

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
What are the topics that come up on BP way too much? LLC or not?/ transfer to LLC Guru stole my money guru is a scam Best flooring for my rental Any others?
3Reply
142 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Canton-Akron, OH · Member since 2012 · 917 posts · 477 votes
10y

Im a new wholesaler.

Please give me a step by step guide of how to wholesale, virtually, from my apartment, without any experience, knowledge, skills, credit or money. 

See this reply in the discussion

75 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Douglas County, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Andrew Nevins I think you missed the title of this thread . . .

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    10y

    Another wholesaler stole my deal!

    Lol - @Andrew Nevins.  Greg is consistently advising folks on how they need to manage their PM.  Ironic, eh @Thomas S.?   Too funny.

  • Gregg GannettPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2013 · 47 posts · 24 votes
    10y
    HELP!!! IM FREAKING OUT!!! I just bought my first rental (6unit) and the new tenant is threatening to not pay rent b/c they dont like to paint color in the stairway. WHAT DO I DO??? Their cousins friend who used to work with me told my old boss I could be sued!!!
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2013 · 803 posts · 689 votes
    10y

    How about every newbie that thinks they need help analyzing an 150 door apartment building for $2 million when they don't own one property. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Should I ____________? (Insert major life choice that strangers on the internet shouldn't make for you.) Ex: Get divorced, move, invest in this project, get a perm, etc.

    I also really like the "My wife won't let me invest. What should I do?" Threads.

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Joking aside maybe we should have moderated posts so the community does not have to rehash and re invest the wheel every 9 days for a lot of these.

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2016 · 477 posts · 426 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Lane Kawaoka:

    Joking aside maybe we should have moderated posts so the community does not have to rehash and re invest the wheel every 9 days for a lot of these.

     +1 to this.

    I'm a (relatively) new guy and I still had a pretty good guess as to what most of these were going to be. 

  • Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2015 · 377 posts · 200 votes
    10y

    How much should I budget for a rehab?

  • Buy & Hold Owner · Redlands, CA · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    My goal is xx properties in the next year and yy in five years.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    This isn't quite a forum topic, but I see arguments about who understands cap rate better hijacking other threads all the time.

    @Bob Bowling who is the other guy you get into CAP rate arguments with?

  • Investor · Reading, PA · Member since 2014 · 196 posts · 118 votes
    10y
    Should I form an LLC, or is an umbrella policy sufficient?
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Should I buy a 30k  house in the midwest?

  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Max T.:rn
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    This isn't quite a forum topic, but I see arguments about who understands cap rate better hijacking other threads all the time.

    @Bob Bowling who is the other guy you get into CAP rate arguments with?

    Don't know who you are talking about but I don't argue, I educate those that have the capacity to learn.  Sadly most that engage sulk off, still in their ignorant state.  I would stop but I get the occasional DM thanks for the education.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    I am starting in real estate should I form an LLC or S Corp?

  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I want to all at once:

    Wholesale

    Flip 

    buy and hold in town and out of town

    House Hack

    commercial - triple net and active management

    multifamily

    redevelop open land

    Get my real estate license

    start a property management co

    quite my job

    Squirrel.... 

    I have no credit, cash or experience.  What is the best way to do all these at once?

    Focus on one thing you can be successfuk at doing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Lesley Resnick

    I want cashflow and high appreciation. Also I want nice counter tops and a 3 car garage and 10 cap. K Thanks.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 12 votes
    10y
    Newbie here... These are funny and I came across one that I sort of asked!! (oops) BUT, luckily I got VERY thorough responses on whether I should buy a 30k property in the Midwest, haha! It might be that I had a bit more info to my question... But since then I have read more and realized I can invest in my own state (I'm in Los Angeles) and have clearer strategy of where to go next. Thanks guys! I totally get the main sentiment here is folks who want all the answers without doing anything or haven't educated themselves before asking for help. Just came to say I appreciate you all putting up with us... Quick question: Should I buy a duplex in that one corner of Detroit?? Purchase price is $1,000 so my cash flow would be astronomical!! Lol
  • Ronan M.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 352 posts · 281 votes
    10y

    HELOC for an investment property ?

    Use 401k for an investment property ?

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    I have no money, no experience, and no credit. How do I find someone who will loan me 100% of the purchase price and rehab costs to flip a house?

    How do I flip a house, anyway? Who will mentor me?

    Is privatemoneygoldmine.com and dohardmoney.com legit?

    Should I go to college or get into real estate?

    Seriously, the search feature on BP sucks. If it were more robust to be useable, it might cut down on the quantity of these posts, which not in BP's interest.

  • Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2015 · 366 posts · 184 votes
    10y
    What's wrong with Detroit?
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Manolo D.:

    Where can I find a reliable, investor friendly contractor that does good work and is cheap.

     Not only does this contractor do cheaper work at a higher quality than his competition, he is also ready to start the job tomorrow, No of course there is not a back log of jobs for the contractor who performs higher quality work than everyone else at a cheaper price.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    How long will it take me to get to 50K positive cashflow per month?

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Manolo D.:

    Where can I find a reliable, investor friendly contractor that does good work and is cheap.

     Not only does this contractor do cheaper work at a higher quality than his competition, he is also ready to start the job tomorrow, No of course there is not a back log of jobs for the contractor who performs higher quality work than everyone else at a cheaper price.

     Haha, and the expensive and crappy workmanship contractor is booked for the next 3 months. Priceless!

  • Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 755 posts · 462 votes
    10y

    Arguing on how to figure Cap Rate! 

    Is my mother in law allowed to change the Cap Rate for my City?

    If I fire the janitor for the property I purchased 4 years ago does that change the Cap Rate for the property I am purchasing in 3 months?

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 142 votes
    10y

    Funny, but you've created a nice instant "informative" poll and it's definitely telling us something. 

    I hope admin is taking note. I don't know if BP's backend software is capable of this but...

    If all these "most repetitive questions on BP" threads are harvested, collated and indexed in a very visible / easy to access corner of the site, I bet it becomes one of the most trafficked corners of this blog.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.