Russell Brazil's 5,000 Post

Russell Brazil's 5,000 Post

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes

This marks #5,000 for me. Id like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my posts, and votes on them (Which inadvertently feeds my ego)

So right now I have 

5,000 posts

3,638 Votes

24 Awards

I encourage those out there to post and get involved in the forums.  If you are a newbie, post and ask questions. If you are a professional, answer questions.  Posting in these forums leads to amazing networking opportunities which leads to deal, which leads to money. This is by far the best place to get a free education in real estate. Take advantage of this amazing resource.  If you contribute to this community, it will absolutely pay you back.

32Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
9y
Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

@Steve Vaughan Im actually jealous of your post/vote ratio...88.5% has got to be one of the highest on the site.  @Brandon Hall is the only person I think who has more votes than posts.

Thanks. As our bay area buddy Minh (who has over a 1:1 ratio) likes to say: give freely without expectation of reward, and yee shall be rewarded.   You have obviously done that.

In addition to Brandon and Minh, I think Brian Burke has us beat as well. Quality info shared by all those guys!

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    9y

    Actually that post gave me my 25th award :)

  • Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Glad to have you on here and sharing your knowledge, Russell.

  • Keedysville, MD · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Thanks for all your input here @Russell Brazil.  Just browsing through discussions on here about the Frederick and surrounding areas, I've seen your posts all over them.  Looking forward to continuing to gain from your knowledge as I try to start investing in this area.

  • James MasottiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Washington Township, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 976 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    This marks #5,000 for me. Id like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my posts, and votes on them (Which inadvertently feeds my ego)

    So right now I have 

    5,000 posts

    3,638 Votes

    24 Awards

    I encourage those out there to post and get involved in the forums.  If you are a newbie, post and ask questions. If you are a professional, answer questions.  Posting in these forums leads to amazing networking opportunities which leads to deal, which leads to money. This is by far the best place to get a free education in real estate. Take advantage of this amazing resource.  If you contribute to this community, it will absolutely pay you back.

     You've definitely been a great resource

  • Rental Property Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 543 votes
    9y

    @Russell Brazil, congrats on the post, more importantly, thank you!  You provide great insight and information.  10K is next......

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    @Russell Brazil  to true BP stalwart  keep up the good work and championing our profession that has treated us so well over the years.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    Grats, @Russell Brazil! Always good to see you in a thread. :)

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    9y

    5000 quality posts, my friend.  Well-done! I have hopped in to many threads just because you were in there.

    You are my go-to mention when I need a licensee's expertise or to refer someone to in the greater DC area.

    A BP podcast guest, moderator and a valued colleague of mine for sure. Keep up the good work, Russell!

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    9y

    @Steve Vaughan Im actually jealous of your post/vote ratio...88.5% has got to be one of the highest on the site.  @Brandon Hall is the only person I think who has more votes than posts.

  • Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    9y
    Russell Brazil I'm new here with two maybe three posts, but I can assure you I'm no stranger to these forums or my personal favorite the weekly podcast. I have to say I really appreciate the time, energy and effort you and the other members like yourself commit to answering people's questions and provide them with feedback on various topics surrounding REI If I had to look back over the last 4 months I have seen a post or a reply from you almost every time I have opened the app. Which is awesome because whether or not we're feeding your ego, you and other members like you are feeding our desire to learn, so thank you for your contributions and I look forward to many more great posts to come. Keep up the good work, Happy New Year and more importantly Happy investing! Derek
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    @Steve Vaughan Im actually jealous of your post/vote ratio...88.5% has got to be one of the highest on the site.  @Brandon Hall is the only person I think who has more votes than posts.

    Thanks. As our bay area buddy Minh (who has over a 1:1 ratio) likes to say: give freely without expectation of reward, and yee shall be rewarded.   You have obviously done that.

    In addition to Brandon and Minh, I think Brian Burke has us beat as well. Quality info shared by all those guys!

  • Investor · Arlington, TX · Member since 2015 · 200 posts · 61 votes
    9y

    Congrats @Russell Brazil!!! Thanks for sharing! I just wrote a post on my member blog about providing value and you clearly do just that! BOOM!

  • Investor · Edwardsville, IL · Member since 2015 · 432 posts · 481 votes
    9y
    Russell Brazil I always enjoy reading your perspective on a forum question. Keep up the good work and congrats!
  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    9y
    Congratz Russell! Keep up the great contributions.
  • Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Thanks Russell Brazil for volunteering your time and knowledge to the BP community. I'm still really new, but in my short time I've consistently seen you throughout the forums providing help to others. I hope I get to work with you one day in the near future! Thank you for all that you do.
  • Rental Property Investor · Potomac, MD · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 64 votes
    9y

    Congrats @Russell Brazil. I truly value your insights and your activity here on BP as you are an immense resource to the entire community. It was great meeting you at the Gaithersburg meetup earlier this month, and I look forward to many conversations with you in the future.  

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    9y

    I check BP usually once a day and at night. My weekly post count volume has gone down over the years as generally I am answering very specific questions related to commercial real estate.

    Congrats on 5,000!

  • Investor · Northern, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 904 votes
    9y

    @Russell Brazil  - You are a great asset to this community, and I am glad you are part of the DMV and not some other geographic area 4000 some miles away.  Hoping to meet you someday in person at one of the REIAs. 

    Congrats on 5K.

  • Mike CumbieBusiness Member
    REALTOR® · Brockport, NY · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    Congratulations @Russell Brazil,

    Always a pleasure to get your insight and knowledge. Keep up the good work!

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    @Russell Brazil , thank you for all your contributions. Your experience and willingness to share benefits everyone on this site.

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    9y

    Thanks @Russell Brazil for your contribution here. I appreciate that you are posting both quality and quantity. I like to believe if your votes are more than half of your posts, then you are delivering some value. Of course popular advice isn't always the best advice. I guess when investing, often the most money is made when everyone else is running away from an investment.

    I do have two questions: When did you join BP and how many hours a day do you think that you average on here?

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:

    Thanks @Russell Brazil for your contribution here. I appreciate that you are posting both quality and quantity. I like to believe if your votes are more than half of your posts, then you are delivering some value. Of course popular advice isn't always the best advice. I guess when investing, often the most money is made when everyone else is running away from an investment.

    I do have two questions: When did you join BP and how many hours a day do you think that you average on here?

     Ive been reading the site for about 8 years I think, but started getting active in the forums about 4 years ago.

    As far as the amount of time, probably too much time. As an agent I drive to a lot of appointments, and I'm anal about being early...so I'm always about 20 minutes early to showings and jump on BP during those times. So I probably spend an hour on the site during those times...then probably an hour 3 to 4 times a week in the evenings. I bet about 10 hours a week is how much I'm on here. Definitely a lot more than many, but I do deals which are directly traced back to here, either from people I meet on the site or who find me via a Google search and a BP thread comes up. I just now consider it part of my business to post here.

  • John CasmonPro Member
    Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Russell Brazil thanks for being so active and willing to share your wealth of information. I always appreciate your perspective and tips.

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    9y

    Well done and thank you.  Lots of wise members above showing their respect.

  • Plano, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Russell Brazil Coincidence that I listened to Podcast # 192 this morning on my way to work. I have always heard/read that one should focus on cash flow only and not bank much on appreciation for rentals. The sort of market we have now-a-days in Dallas area calls for looking into appreciation play in my opinion. So, I frantically searched for a podcast with "appreciation" in its title and ran into your podcast. Loved your insights in the podcast! Thanks for your contributions to the RE and BP community, and congratulations on 5k posts!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.