• Shreveport, LA
Votes |
Grad School Worth it or not?

Joshua Manning
  • Realtor
  • Shreveport, LA
Posted Mar 30 2017, 09:21

Hey BP family,

I wanted to get yall's take on something. So next year I will be graduating from college with Bachelors degree in Finance. My plan after graduation is to start real estate investing as soon as possible. I plan on getting my real estate agent license now while in college so that I'll already have a job after graduating.

But here is the dilemma, my parents want me to go to grad school for my MBA after graduation. At this point I am very tired of school. I've questioned my decision to go to college since technically I don't need a degree to be a real estate gent or real estate investor at that, and now they want me to do 1 or 2 extra years of school for an MBA that I also don't need. I am just really ready to get started investing full time as soon as possible.

It doesn't make any sense to me for me to go an extra $10,000 in student debt to get an MBA that ultimately will not have any other purpose for me than being a back up plan.

So I guess my question is has anyone on here ever benefited from having an MBA as a part of their real estate investing career. And if so are the benefits worth the cost of the MBA?

Loading replies...