Officially Financially Free at 32 !! - Exciting Day!

Officially Financially Free at 32 !! - Exciting Day!

Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 1k+ votes

My first real estate investment was in 2010. I kept acquiring properties, sometimes using the BRRR strategy. I've been without a day job for 1.5 years looking for more deals and got a couple large portfolios in 2016. That hit our passive income goals but we had to recoup cash buffer.

It's officially official, we are free and neither of us have to work!

Looking forward to living life with my wife and both of us being able to do what we want when we want.  

Celebrating with a well aged cigar from the year it all started.  And some of my top shelf bourbon.

183Reply
929 views

Most Popular Reply

Suisun City, CA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 8 votes
9y

From someone who is just scratching the surface education, not even investing, congratulations to you and your wife's success both now and in the future. This was certainly an inspiration to read. 

See this reply in the discussion

255 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Shannon Young - search BiggerPockets for BRRR - you buy, rehab, rent, and refinance at higher value to get your money back.

    And I addressed earlier in this post you can have more than 4 mortgages. 

  • Investor · Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2008 · 34 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Ok thanks

  • Maple Heights, OH · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Aaron Christen Yes it does, thanks!

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Congratulations. Hard work pays off!
  • Real Estate Professional · La Habra, CA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Austin Fruechting

    THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME POST THAT I WANT FOR MY FAMILY IN THE NEAR FUTURE!

    So much inspirations; and gosh, does it feel good.

  • District Heights , MD · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    9y
    Congratulations to you and your family!! I am a new investor, so this gives me hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel!
  • Aaron KaplanPro Member
    Camas, WA · Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 8 votes
    9y
    *high five* that is some inspirational morning reading. Congrats. Now it's just figuring out what to do with your next 50+ years.... Maybe mentoring folks at BP or local ?? Salud !
  • Killeen, TX · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Congratulations!
  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Aaron Kaplan - Helping others is definitely a passion project of mine I'm pursuing. I want to help others achieve this too. Starting a blog to share what I've learned and my experience. Hopefully it helps a few. 

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Congrats to you and your wife. Your post gave me inspiration this morning upon reading it. That it is possible. I just re-rendered back in full time with a tenacity to give it more than 100%. Just got engaged and he is in rehab/construction. I shared with him your post that it is definitely possible to be financial free in real estate investing. Thank you & congrats to you both. Inspiration for sure!

  • Investor · Champaign-Urbana, IL · Member since 2014 · 84 posts · 49 votes
    9y
    Congrats to you and your wife brother. I'm barely getting started with three rental units, but hope to someday be at your level. Now sit back and enjoy the rest of your life.
  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    9y

    @Austin Fruechting, congratz!

    What did you enjoy with that OpusX, Pappy 20yr?

  • Rental Property Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 37 votes
    9y
    wow!! nice job.
  • Mortgage Consultant · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 181 posts · 53 votes
    9y
    Congratulations. That's great to hear. Wishing you continued success.
  • Investor · Coeur d’Alene, ID · Member since 2017 · 36 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    @Austin Fruechting Wow, I'm 18 years old and very inspired by your accomplishment. Congrats! This is one of my biggest goals. What advice would you have for me getting started? I've been spending my free time educating myself and am wondering what route to take in doing my first deals at my age. 

    Also, with only working a few hours a month on 107 units you must have your work outsourced pretty well. Do you use property management company's to handle the day-to-day work? Thank you very much and congratulations.

  • Investor · Rowlett, TX · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    That is awesome! Looking forward to my 'officially official' day. Congrats!!!
  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Devyn Grillo - Thanks for the congrats.  Yes I use property management.  If you haven't read through this whole thread.  I've answered a lot of questions and outlined a lot of stuff.  There's good material.

    The best advice is study and learn everything you can.  Know your numbers inside and out. 

  • Production Manager · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Congrats!!! Motivating!
  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    CONGRATULATIONS!! I am just now seeing this post and it is very inspiring. I am in KC as well and have my 1st property. Thank you for answering everyones questions because I am learning so much. I am going to follow this post and I will definitely use the information you are giving here. Is it okay for me to contact you if I have questions specific to the Kansas City market?

    Congratulations to you and your wife again!!

  • North NJ · Member since 2015 · 100 posts · 28 votes
    9y
    32.. wow! congratulations to the both of you!
  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 150 posts · 58 votes
    9y

    @Austin Fruechting Congrats! What kind of bourbon? I am a scotch guy but have been getting into bourbon recently

  • Sioux City, IA · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Austin Fruechting      Nice outcome for you.     When did you start to utilize a property manger?    From day one or once you had a group of properties.

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Lyne't Smith - Thank you.  Send me a pm with your questions and I'll see if I can help.

    @John Smith It's a bit of a unique situation. I self managed for a while, then started a little business managing other people's because I didn't trust the property managers that were available.  Then at the end of 2013 I sold the business to people that I thought would do a good job and that I would trust with mine.  That was the last I managed.  

  • Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 111 posts · 164 votes
    9y
    Congrats! Well done! I hope I can accomplish even half of what you've done:)
  • Investor · Bolivar, MO · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Congrats!!! Very exciting to be financially free!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.