New Investor from Omaha, Nebraska with ?s

18 Replies

Hi All! I'm super excited to join the Bigger Pockets family and am hoping to connect with fellow investors in the Omaha area. I am planning on attending the next Omaha REIC meeting in a week and am looking forward to meeting some of you in person. My husband and I have just jumped into the REI arena and are focusing on using the BRRRR method with SF homes. We are under contract for our first property and close soon! Our property definitely needs some rehab and we are wondering if you guys have any recommendations for skilled handymen or contractors. This rehab basically consists of painting, minor sheetrock repair, minor window repair, refinishing hardwood floors, and sealing up a fireplace. We would sincerely appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks so much guys!! Have a great night!  

Lavin

Thats great news and welcome! Im new myself still working on that first deal. Id love to hear more about how you guys found it and things youve learned. Anyways, awesome to have ya. Keep an eye on the event tab for local meetings too!

Hi Lavin welcome to BP and good luck on the new property. Please PM me and I can send you a great flooring person.

Congratulations and good luck! We are just getting started too, focusing on BRRRR. I'm not in your area; just wanted to say congrats.

@Daniel Thomas   Thanks the warm welcome!  That first deal is definitely intimidating...I think one of the keys for us was defining our locations (then properties are much easier to analyze) and working with a real estate broker that had a ton of experience in investing.  Best of luck...and I'll let you know how things are going as we move forward.  

@Ray J.  Thanks Ray and best of luck!  

Hey @Lavin H. , welcome to BP. I live in Minneapolis but have property in Omaha. Let me know if you need help finding a handyman, electrician, etc. Happy to help. 

@Lavin H. , welcome. There's tons of free resources here if you're willing to put in the time. My advice would be to try out the REIA before you pay for an annual membership. It may not fit all your needs, but it can be very beneficial. I'll be looking for your stats in your first deal, good luck!

Hi Lavin!

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It is a great resource for a ton of information. I look forward to meeting you in person next week at the REIA.

Welcome to BP @Lavin H. You will learn a lot about REI here, do some networking here lots of great knowledge. Congratulations on your first rental property as well!

@Kurt Pauley , thank you for reaching out!  

@Matt Morgan , I'm loving Bigger Pockets and can't get enough of the forums, podcasts, and webinars. Thanks for the advice regarding the REIA, I plan on just trying it out this month and am mostly hoping to network with other investors.

@Craig Stasnbury , thanks for the welcome!  See you Nov 20.

Thanks @Bryan K.   Bigger Pockets is an amazing resource!

Thanks so much. Bp is awesome and the members have been very good to me so far!

@Kurt Pauley - I live in the Minneapolis area and have been intrigued by the Omaha market. What type(s) of properties do you have there? Do you use a local PM?

Let me know if you’re open to connecting over a coffee.

Craig

Hi and welcome to BP!

Congrats on your new BRRRR property! Did you find it off market or mls? I have been investing in Omaha for a few years and I think it’s a great place for rentals. Yes, the market is hot throughout the nation now, but deals can still be had here!

Hi Lavin,

Maybe we'll see you at the REIA.

@Craig Fitzsimmons Hey Craig, Sent you a colleague request.  I currently manage my triplex myself with a small team I have there. Basically, the head of maintenance is my best friend and I make it back to Omaha often as I have family nearby in Iowa.

@Kyle Godbout , thanks for the greeting! We did actually find it on the mls but with a very motivated seller we ended up with a much better deal than asking price. We moved to Omaha a couple years ago and love it here....I'm glad to hear that it's a great place for rentals...we're looking forward to this REI journey!

Hi @Lance A White , we're looking forward to the REIA meetings and networking....lots to learn!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here