Can anyone recommend a good CPA in the Fayetteville, NC area that has experience working with real estate investors?
If you find one let me know as I would also like to get a cpa reference.
Welcome to BP! There are a bunch of really great CPA's on these forums who work exclusively with real estate investors. You may want to look around the forums and reach out to some even if they are not in your geographic region. Most of us work with clients all over the U.S.
I use Wayne Comstock at Comstock and Villegas
Lee Utley is also very good
Thank you for the feedback and recommendations!
There are many ways to find a savvy CPA
1. Biggerpockets search function - Use the search function to see if a BP colleague requested a CPA in your area. This method allows you to reach out to the BP colleague and ask who they interviewed with, who they decided to go with and if they like working with their CPA. I went ahead and pulled up posts from BP colleagues who requested a CPA in your area.
https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/475... https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/530... https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/494... https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/494...
You may want to send a message to the thread starter of the above links.
I noticed that you recently requested to connect with a CPA in _______. I am currently in the market for a CPA and I would like to inquire who you ended up choosing. Thank you for connecting and let me know if there is anyway that I can help.
2. Keyword Alerts - Add the keyword alerts "Fayetteville" and/or "North Carolina". You will notice that there are frequent members who respond to posts that have these keywords. Feel free to send a colleague request to these members to connect and see who they use as a CPA. Connecting with members who have the pro-membership have a higher tendency so be more serious and provide you a good recommendation.
3. Real Estate Networking Events - These events contain investors with similar tax profiles as you. Network and see who they are using for a CPA. You can find local networking events through the BP events section or meetup.com
4. Reach out to CPA who works with clients remotely - You may want to reach out to a CPA that works with clients remotely. Working with a remote CPA who has experience in real estate is better than working with a local CPA who does not serve real estate investors. Technology advancements such as email, phone calls, skype has enabled communication with a remote CPA to be seamless. There are many CPA's on this site that work with clients remotely.
In the meantime - feel free to ask any tax related question. I would be more than happy to help give my opinion.
Good luck in your search!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.