Rentals - Little Rock, AR

18 Replies

Hi - 

I am new to BP and looking forward to learning a lot from so many intelligent people.  I'm looking to invest in my first rental property in Little Rock, AR and would love to hear some feedback from people in this market.  Originally from Little Rock, AR but currently based in Brooklyn, NY, something turnkey would be ideal.  

Thanks!

Welcome to BP @Aaron Wade LR is a great solid and steady market. i like it. 

there are some areas to watch out from, like south Little Rock and some pockets outside of the I630.

What are you intending to buy there? SF, MFR or Commercial?

Do you have buying criteria?

Hey Aaron, welcome to the LR market! Let us know how we can help you out.

Check out a company called Memphis Invest they operate in Little Rock and will manage the property for you, as you live in Crooklyn

Hi Aaron. I’m a new investor looking to buy my first property in the LR area as well. I’d love to hear about your experience moving forward buying turnkey as I’m starting to consider that route too. Good luck to you!

Hi Aaron. Welcome to BP! 

I too am interested in LR and will likely go the turnkey route. So, if you're looking into investing turnkey, you should reach out to @Alex Craig . They've been operating in LR for several years now and it's worth a discussion if you want to get started there.

Best of luck to you!

@Michael P. Is Memphis invest in Little Rock now? I’ve seen rumors of that but it’s not on their website.

@Aaron Wade I second @Alex Craig s company. I’ve got two properties with them in Memphis and my experience has been very good so far. I will likely be expanding to Little Rock in the next couple years myself.

This post has been removed.

Thank you all for your replies.  I have heard of Memphis Turnkey and spoke with them a few times.  I will continue to look at the local market. 

@Jennifer Zierlein - What area are you looking at in Little Rock?  Personally, I would like to buy relatively close to St. Vincent and UAMS hospital. 

@Aaron Wade , our name was mentioned by @Michael P. which is how I got alerted to this post.  First, welcome to BP.  It’s a great site to ask questions, learn and build relationships.  

We love the Little Rock market.  I think @Alex Craig does a great job in the LR market and we even called him a couple I years ago before exploring the market to pick his brain a bit on it.

You can definitely find some good feedback on getting started building a turnkey portfolio there and, IMO, there are two good options for you in the LR market.  

Is Little Rock a better market than Memphis?  I’m in Cali and there is no cash flow out here.  My buddy at my real estate investors club really likes Memphis

@Aaron Wade I've mainly been concentrating on the Benton/Bryant area so far because that's where I'm most familiar.  I'm just starting to look in Little Rock as well as Hot Springs a little bit.  I will probably avoid anything south of I-630 unless it's close to UALR or Baptist.

Originally posted by @Aaron Wade :

Hi - 

I am new to BP and looking forward to learning a lot from so many intelligent people.  I'm looking to invest in my first rental property in Little Rock, AR and would love to hear some feedback from people in this market.  Originally from Little Rock, AR but currently based in Brooklyn, NY, something turnkey would be ideal.  

Thanks!

Welcome to the site Aaron. I am not form AR but just wanted to drop some kudos to you for picking a turnkey market that you have a competitive advantage in. Seems so simple to invest in the market that you have ties to, local connections & most importantly market knowledge of. However I see folks fail to do this all the time. You get tons of folks who move away from a typically turnkey market to live in some big city then they go & invest in some other turnkey market they know nothing about down the road. Always leaves me scratching my head.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633

Would a property within walking distance to UofALR, tenanted, fully remodeled, with management in place be the type of property you would want?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.