Southern Vermont/New Hampshire Meetup Interest??

19 Replies

Would like to hear from folks investors/landlords who might be interested in getting a meetup group started in Southeast Vermont and Southwest New Hampshire.  Southern Connecticut River Valley area, Vermont towns in and around Brattleboro, Bellows Falls, Springfield, Windsor, Ludlow and New Hampshire Towns of Keene, Walpole, Chesterfield, Claremont.

Thinking about having a get together, once per month for a couple of hours to discuss, goals, challenges, solutions, frustrations, etc..

Just trying to see if there is some level of interest right now.  If there is any interest at all, I will set something up and post it on the Events forum.

Looking Forward,

Mike Foster

I would really be into this idea. I live in Chesterfield NH, between Keene NH and Brattleboro VT. I'm new to the game and really want to attend some meet ups or REIA meeting, I just don't want to travel to Manchester every month. Let me know what you're thinking!

Patrick Ericson

Total plug for family - Springfield Diner right off the main street just north of the town center is a possible meet up.  Its easy to access all times of the year and she has a small section to one side that could handle a dozen people or so and not be hanging out directly with the main diner space. It is open until 2pm, but she has hosted some after hours events there. 

I'd be interested in a meetup as well.

The Keene area likely has a lot of investors who are underserved by other REIA opportunities, but the Upper Valley area (Claremont), with Lebanon close by, may as well. Pushing too far west might reduce attendance as you get closer to more rural areas.

I definitely recommend a location with a bar, because networking and cocktails have been paired successfully since the dawn of business itself.

Great!  It seems that there may be some interest!

I will get to work on setting something up, hopefully for some time in October.

I will post it on the Bigger Pockets Events Page and also message those who have responded to this thread.

Looking Forward...Mike 

Count me in! If looking for a venue in Keene, may I recommend Machina Kitchen and ArtBar? They have a fantastic beverage selection and inspired small and medium plate dining, all served up in a chic lounge-like atmosphere. It's a popular spot for local movers and shakers. The landlord for that building is local and might also be interested in attending.

I am also very interested in attending something in the Keene or surrounding areas. I had been thinking of hosting something myself and then I stumbled on this thread! Excited to see that there are other investors in my area. @Troy Zsofka I definitely agree on both your points. We are underserved in this area, and yes, cocktails and networking do go hand in hand :)

@Michael Foster let me know if you need or want help organizing things. Thanks for starting the thread!

Yahoo, love to see the traction that this has received.  Covid presents a interesting angle though.  Although I agree that many a great revolution have started at local pubs, perhaps the plague what turbo-charged there also!  I have to say that I am steering clear of the local watering-holes at this time. 

One of the meetups in southern NH got around the covid issue by going virtual through Zoom. Now that meetup has spread out and we have people from all over joining us. We even have an active duty soldier over seas who is a financer who shows up for the zoom meetings from time to time. If you guys want to join us feel free to contact me, or if you start one of your own let me know and I will gladly join yours. I am creating quite a list of contacts and would love to share my network as well as help with any questions that I can.

Shane & Tameka Cloutier

I own a rental property in Brattleboro and am always looking to make new contacts in the area. I live out of town so would be interested in a Zoom meetup if one comes together.

Hi everyone! Just bought my first multi-family property in Brattleboro and looking for more properties in that area! Looking to connect with investors like myself! Please let me know if there are any zoom meetups happening. Would love to join!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you