Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y
Hi Romie -
Some lenders may offer no seasoning requirements, but there will be limitations regarding the value used or the allowable LTV. Typically, for properties seasoned 0-3 months, the cost basis (rather than the appraised value) will be used. For 3-6 months of seasoning, the appraised value can be considered, though LTV restrictions often apply. Once the property has over 6 months of seasoning, these restrictions are usually lifted. I'd be happy to connect and discuss this in more detail!
I am completing my second BRRRR and looking to do a cash-out refi. Searching to see if any lenders are doing a cash-out with no seasoning period.
Thank You
If you have a loan on the property currently, most DSCR lenders can close after 90 days of ownership. (you can get the process started after 60 days) We have the 90 day season rule. IF it's a rate & term refinance, we have no seasoning what so ever.
If the property is free and clear it may be harder to cash out with little to no seasoning.
Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y
Hi Romie -
Some lenders may offer no seasoning requirements, but there will be limitations regarding the value used or the allowable LTV. Typically, for properties seasoned 0-3 months, the cost basis (rather than the appraised value) will be used. For 3-6 months of seasoning, the appraised value can be considered, though LTV restrictions often apply. Once the property has over 6 months of seasoning, these restrictions are usually lifted. I'd be happy to connect and discuss this in more detail!
Hi Romie, I have a lender that waives their seasoning period if you have done a renovation of at least $10k to the property since taking ownership. Depending on the amount of work that you've completed, you might have an option.
Hi! It sounds like you're making great progress with your BRRRR strategy. There are lenders that offer cash-out refinances without a seasoning period, especially for investment properties. I can help connect you with some options. Let me know if you're interested!
USA, Nationwide · Member since 2024 · 174 posts · 90 votes
2y
Hey Romie, congrats on wrapping up your second BRRRR—exciting stuff! When it comes to cash-out refis without a seasoning period, it can be a bit niche, but I've funded several like this in the last year. I'd be happy to connect with you on this.
Best of luck with the refi—hope you find the right solution!