Investor · Beaver Falls, PA · Member since 2015 · 275 posts · 82 votes
We are about to close on a 4 unit. We are using a DSCR loan. 30 year Fixed. PP penalty of 5 years. My Credit score is 833. Purchase price $450,000, 20% down ($90,000). I've attached a cost sheet. So you think the numbers are fair?
We are about to close on a 4 unit. We are using a DSCR loan. 30 year Fixed. PP penalty of 5 years. My Credit score is 833. Purchase price $450,000, 20% down ($90,000). I've attached a cost sheet. So you think the numbers are fair?
@John Matthew Johnston How many other properties have you owned before? The closing costs of less than 4% of the loan amount is actually look pretty low for an HML. I assume you're getting their best rate as the FICO range they're using is 780-790. As long as this isn't your first investment, I think you could get a lower rate somewhere else, but this doesn't look too bad.
@Mike Grudzien for a DSCR loan? This is our first time using a DSCR and I'm not aware of any local banks that do them.
@John Matthew Johnston Local banks do "DSCR" loans all the time, they just don't market them with that name. For a bank, this would most likely be called an "amortizing term loan on a non-owner occupied property".
Investor · Beaver Falls, PA · Member since 2015 · 275 posts · 82 votes
10mo
K@Ed O. I couldn’t figure how to up load a pic. The Rate is also 6.25. We are cash flowing around 1400/month as is and the rents are well below market. The place is probably worth around 650,000 so there is a big equity play also. I agree with the 5 year PP but we just wanted to lock it down ASAP
This is not high at all, especially for a 4-plex. Realistically you'd be looking at 6.5-6.8% with points on a DSCR loan as of now. Maybe you can increase the rate to decrease the points, if you feel they are high. You'll just sacrifice a a small bit of monthly cash flow. It could be worthwhile to look at with your current lender.
We are about to close on a 4 unit. We are using a DSCR loan. 30 year Fixed. PP penalty of 5 years. My Credit score is 833. Purchase price $450,000, 20% down ($90,000). I've attached a cost sheet. So you think the numbers are fair?
6.25% on an 80 LTV loan with a 5 year PPP. You can reduce the points and increase the rate if you feel the cash to close is "high". But it is pretty fair based on the size of the loan.
If you are about to close on it, do it. The time you waste shopping another lender, is more valuable than saving a few bucks.
We are about to close on a 4 unit. We are using a DSCR loan. 30 year Fixed. PP penalty of 5 years. My Credit score is 833. Purchase price $450,000, 20% down ($90,000). I've attached a cost sheet. So you think the numbers are fair?