Fund & Grow Financing

Fund & Grow Financing

Justin SheleyBusiness Member
Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 220 votes

After listening to the Clayton Morris podcast (EP115 with Mike Banks) about the company Fund & Grow, I became intrigued with the idea of using business credit cards to buy rental properties using the BRRRR method. The whole concept seemed too good to be true, so I hopped on BiggerPockets to see what people were saying about Fund & Grow. I always find great content here, and more often than not I find the answer to my question before I even need to post and ask about it. However, with Fund & Grow, I didn't find much. (If anyone knows of a discussion about Fund & Grow that I didn't find please link me to it) There are a few discussions where people were considering using Fund & Grow to finance a deal, but none that I saw that went all the way through the process and used the funds to find a deal.

That being said, I decided to start this discussion post and share my experience with the company from day 1 till I refinance and hopefully complete the BRRRR method.

For anyone not familiar with Fund & Grow, they are a company started by Ari Page that helps you establish business lines of credit for the purpose of creating working capital for small businesses. In my case, I will be using the line of credit to buy properties in Rockford, IL and rehab them into rental properties.

Phase 1:

Currently I have enrolled with Fund & Grow and completed my initial consultation. This cost $3,000 for their service of negotiating and securing the business credit cards. I spent 1 hr on the phone with a very friendly consultant and discussed my plans for the business credit and established a sole proprietorship for both my wife and I. This allows the business lines of credit to not affect my personal credit score.  The first push for business credit will begin next week, and I should have access to an anticipated 60k by the following week. My wife is not currently receiving accounts yet until a more established credit history can be created for her.  We are currently lining up several refinancing options with banks in the area so that they are aware of what we intend to do. Currently we are being told that we can refinance the properties we buy with cash after 6 months. This is key for us, because we intend to buy and hold these properties and do not want to get stuck after the initial 12 months of 0% interest expires on our business credit cards.

Phase 2 is going to be actually receiving the cash into our account and making our cash purchase. I tried for brevity sake to not go into the entire Fund & Grow concept in my initial post, but if anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns I'd love to discuss them.

43Reply
9,930 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Peabody, MA · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 49 votes
9y
I used a similar system to receive roughly $40,000 in credit cards at 0% for a 12 month period. The company I used took 10% upfront and then helped me liquidate everything so I had usable funds fairly quick. I was able to do a flip with the funding I received and pay back all the money before my interest free period ran out. It was expensive, but the flip more than covered everything and I was able to get in the game. I would do it all over again if I had to.
See this reply in the discussion

885 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Dylan Stewart:

    I heard about them through Clayton Morris. I decided to get on the phone with them and join the program. Although starting out I was very skeptical and worried about the amount of info they were gathering in order to negotiate with the banks on my behalf. But they were very nice to work with, did everything they said they would, along with got us $231,500.00 worth of credit within our first batch of funding which took about 30-40 days. Which means we still have 2 more rounds to go, so we are excited for that. We have already deployed the money to buy some properties along with marketing for our company.

    I would give them a shot if youre looking for money for your business.

    I'd like to know more about how you received over $200K in credit cards. You mentioned "our" first batch so I'm assuming there are at least two person who applied but did you already have existing business CC's and what's your current annual income (business/personal).

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Yes, great question. So im only 20, therefore I dont have much credit history. So what I did is I got my grandma and stepdad to be on the primary for our Fund and Grow account. And my grandma didnt even have a credit card, but she at least had a good credit score and they were able to pull $49k in personal lines for her. And my stepdad owns a business and has good income along with a good credit score,  so they were able to pull $182.5k in business lines of credit for him. 

    So now after 3 months we will go back and ask for increases on all of those lines. 

  • Member since 2019 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Dylan Stewart:

    Yes, great question. So im only 20, therefore I dont have much credit history. So what I did is I got my grandma and stepdad to be on the primary for our Fund and Grow account. And my grandma didnt even have a credit card, but she at least had a good credit score and they were able to pull $49k in personal lines for her. And my stepdad owns a business and has good income along with a good credit score,  so they were able to pull $182.5k in business lines of credit for him. 

    So now after 3 months we will go back and ask for increases on all of those lines. 

    Thanks for shedding some light. Now that $200K+ makes more sense. I just don't want people reading this thread they'll be pulling in a quarter million of credit cards. 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I have been working with fund and grow since January 2018. Needless to say I wouldn’t have had the same success investing in real estate these past 20 months if I wouldn’t have come across Fund and Grow. The first round yielded me $47.5k in credit ( 3 cards) and the second round yielded me $29.5k in credit (also 3 cards). By the time we got to my third round, I was able to acquire $158,000 in business credit. Prior to me coming across fund and grow, I had bought my first multi fam property 6 months prior in June 2017. At this time I knew I wanted to continue investing, but access to quick capital was an issue. Therefore, coming across Fund And Grow 6 months later allowed me to invest in a total of 6 more properties during my time working with them. Brandon Kroon, account specialist for Fund and Grow, has been the specialist I have been working with since the start. Now after the completion of all 3 rounds, I can’t thank him and the company enough for giving me this jumpstart in my real estate investing career. He is an extremely professional individual that I know will also continue to help many others have a great experience using this phenomenal resource. For those thinking about utilizing Fund and Grow’s services, I strongly recommend them. Just make sure you are managing the credit lines responsibly, and this great resource will definitely help propel your business to the next level.

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 7 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Angelo Del Monaco:

    I have been working with fund and grow since January 2018. Needless to say I wouldn’t have had the same success investing in real estate these past 20 months if I wouldn’t have come across Fund and Grow. The first round yielded me $47.5k in credit ( 3 cards) and the second round yielded me $29.5k in credit (also 3 cards). By the time we got to my third round, I was able to acquire $158,000 in business credit. Prior to me coming across fund and grow, I had bought my first multi fam property 6 months prior in June 2017. At this time I knew I wanted to continue investing, but access to quick capital was an issue. Therefore, coming across Fund And Grow 6 months later allowed me to invest in a total of 6 more properties during my time working with them. Brandon Kroon, account specialist for Fund and Grow, has been the specialist I have been working with since the start. Now after the completion of all 3 rounds, I can’t thank him and the company enough for giving me this jumpstart in my real estate investing career. He is an extremely professional individual that I know will also continue to help many others have a great experience using this phenomenal resource. For those thinking about utilizing Fund and Grow’s services, I strongly recommend them. Just make sure you are managing the credit lines responsibly, and this great resource will definitely help propel your business to the next level.

     Can you talk about how you were able to pull the funds from the cards you got and how you leverage that financing for your investments? Thanks much!!!

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Using the cards, I sent money to my girlfriend and close family through PayPal as a gifts of $2k and under for just under a 3% fee. I would then have them transfer that money back to me.  That’s one strategy I used. Another one was just use the cards for my everyday expenses allowing me to keep more of my own wages and capital to invest. And lastly, for renovations and anything that I could use a card for, I would. 

    I had to be very strategic with utilization and planning since each card their own introductory 0% APR period. I would balance transfer when the timing was right and I milked the use of each individual card.

  • Kenosha, WI · Member since 2015 · 89 posts · 81 votes
    7y

    Full disclosure - I have no idea on the bonafides of this company or the merit of this method, but it seems germane to the discussion of how to turn credit card lines of credit into cash.

    This fellow, DBA "Wholesale Tradelines", has various schemes on YouTube. He claims that there are "some" banks that allow you to open an account online, and that these accounts can be funded using a credit card. Then you can withdraw the funds via check or electronic transfer to another bank account.

    Again, I doubt that it can be that easy.  If I owned a bank that allowed such a transaction I would limit the initial deposit and have an onerous seasoning period before said funds were able to be withdrawn.  I would also put in penalties to discourage the churning of the account.

    But I am skeptical and very boring when it comes to my  financial habits.

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Angelo Del Monaco:

    Using the cards, I sent money to my girlfriend and close family through PayPal as a gifts of $2k and under for just under a 3% fee. I would then have them transfer that money back to me.  That’s one strategy I used. Another one was just use the cards for my everyday expenses allowing me to keep more of my own wages and capital to invest. And lastly, for renovations and anything that I could use a card for, I would. 

    I had to be very strategic with utilization and planning since each card their own introductory 0% APR period. I would balance transfer when the timing was right and I milked the use of each individual card.

     Surprised they didn't tell you about https://www.plastiq.com which they suggest to use.

  • Hawthorne, NJ · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    I received my first round with Fund&Grow.  I'm not clear how to use Plastiq to convert the credit cards into usable cash.  I would like to put the cash towards down payment for turnkey properties.  Also, if someone knows of any lenders I can work with that would approve this method of down payment.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    7y

    @Pradeep Varghese all you have to do is ask the lender for the wire instructions, I just did it on July 20th i bought a property. You have to use MasterCard, click on the help desk with Plastiq, they are so helpful and will get you right! 

    I can send you my code to help you save some cost on fees

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Sabrina Ubele is extremely conscientious, detailed and worked diligently to get me the best possible credit limits. Her follow ups were consistent and I always knew what to expect. She stepped me through the process and assured me that; at minimum, I would get enough to cover the purchase I wanted to make. I did and more!! I am very happy & pleased with the funding I received! 

    I look forward to a continued relationship.  Everyone I dealt with at Fund & Grow was absolutely terrific and helpful!

  • Des Moines, IA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I've been working with Brandon Kroon and he has been a great asset to have while doing this.. Thank you for getting all my ducks in a row and able to scale my business, being that I do online stuff it can be sometimes high risk and can they hold funding with these guys they came in just the neck of time, and I was able to get scaling funds along with have extra in case I need it... thanks again guys! 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Brandon Kroon, worked very diligent to get funding from 5 banking institutions. The first round yielded $44,500 in business funding I can use with O interest for the first 12 months. Believing the second round will generate more capital to invest in real estate. Thanks Brandon

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Fund & Grow works! Holly Schrader was great to work with and she kept me informed at every step of the way. It only took about a month to secure funding.

  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I have been using Fund and Grow for a while now, and my representative Brandon Kroon has done an amazing job on acquiring me the funds I am in need of. All I can say is wow! I would highly recommend Fund an Grow and Brandon Kroon. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Fund & Grow has been professional to work with and seems to really know their niche. The whole process took about 2 weeks and then I had over 90k in revolving business credit. at 0% interest!! It is different for everyone because of where their credit is at and who is helping them at the company.  My fiancé is doing this as well and for him it's been a bit slower.  Once I signed up, I was assigned a point person who completely handled my account, Bianca. She was fantastic! Always available to answer the smallest questions, she handled most everything and made the process very easy. She did all the work so I could focus on my business and she is super friendly and just a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend this company. I'm using my funds to Brrrr.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I have worked with Brandon Kroon from Fund & Grow and my experience with him was excellent.  He hustles, is patient and follows up on any question or concern I may have had.  He is knowledgeable and easy to work with.  He secured more money than I anticipated as well.  I highly recommend working with him.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi, all. 

    This is my very first post here in BP.  I will share my experience with Fund and Grow. 

    I worked with Bianca Rivera from F&G. Of note, my personal credit score is 800+ in all credit bureaus. 

    Here is the timeline. 

    8/18/19: Submit the application to F&G.

    8/19/19: Received welcome email with login/pass to portal. Signed POA and credit check authorization.

    8/22/19: Bianca from F&G called me and verified some of my info. 

    8/28/19: First card arrived. BOA $12,500 (0% for 9 months)

    8/30/19: Chase ($16,000, later limit increased to $24,000: 0% for 12 months) and Wellsfargo (15,000 0% for 9 months)

    9/14/19: AMEX ($22,500, later limit increased to $45,000: 0% for 12 months)

    My total approved amount is $96,500 for first round. I am very happy with the result and will use this for my next investment. Also able to create LLC for asset protection within this application fee.

    I will move onto the process of removing some inquiries on my credit, but my credit still stayed above 800+ afterall. 

    I need to find how other people used to cash this credit and utilized it.(Plastiq?)

    If someone can post the process after approval, I would love to know!

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I also had a great experience with this company. At 86, I've decided to "play" real estate. Since up to now I hardly ever used my credit (I only had one card with $500 limit), I thought it might be beneficial to involve professionals to get me going: Fund & Grow came in highly recommended and I went with them.

    Donna was my most excellent guide: her follow ups were consistent and I always knew what to expect. When she got me access to just about $50K at 0% on my first batch in Sep 2019, I was completely astounded and was left saying WHAT?REALLY? Had I heard of this company earlier, I would have definitely gone with them earlier: they deliver results!

    The stress free environment Donna has provided me with while securing my credit was especially noteworthy: I have no iPhone and would consider myself NOT technologically nimble at all. Yet she has somehow managed to get me going. Working with Donna of Fund & Grow has been an exceedingly great experience for me. And now I do look forward to my next batch scheduled for early 2020.

    I would wholeheartedly recommend this great company: it employs caring, professional people. 

    Thank you Fund & Grow.

    Helen

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    • I've had Great experience with Fund&Grow!! Donna has helped me achieve over $100K in Business Credit Cards. I am looking forward to my next batch!! Thanks Fund&Grow!!!
  • Specialist · Logan, UT · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 27 votes
    7y

    I agree with "over-promised and under-delivered", and I won't be re-upping with them for a 2nd round, and will probably sever our "newsletter" relationship as soon as I finish with the rental condo I booked with them.

    They were super nice and super easy to work with. They did exactly what they said they'd do, and I don't believe I was *ever deceived*. I ended up with an additional $131K credit on a sole proprietorship (they couldn't/wouldn't/didn't work with my existing LLC) across 4 cards, all with 0% APR for between 6-12 months with a mix of balance-transfer-only and purchase-and-balance-transfer restrictions.

    That being said, the results were less than exciting. For what I'm trying to do (BRRRR), the F&G system doesn't work at all for me. It's almost impossible to get cash out *as cash*. Using plastiq.com it's super hard to impossible to pay for real estate or loans directly. The GoldMoney path is full of red-tape and speculation and fees. "Writing a cash advance check to myself and deposit it" didn't work (I got stuck with a bounced check fee) and it doesn't result in 0% on any of the cards I was given, just a 3% transaction fee and a high interest rate. The only thing I've figured out that works is to do is use the cards to "pay" my LLC at 3% on plastiq.com, but plastiq goes out of its way to try and make sure the payer and the payee aren't the same person. Since THAT involves some kind of maneuvers that look too much like money-laundering (generating fake invoices that plastiq 'needs' to see, for services not really rendered, etc), I'm not doing that. On top of that, I don't have any large debts to balance transfer, so a couple of my 0% deals on cards don't work at all.

    Essentially I'm sitting on a pile of credit that I can't do anything *I need to do* with except maybe pay a contractor that accepts credit cards like Home Depot.  (for a house I can't buy with cash, so I have nothing for the contractor to fix...)

    Do I regret doing it?  Yeah. Would I do it again? No. Am I warning other people away? Maybe, if your plans and situation are like mine.  Are they crooks?  No.  Is it too good to be true? It was for me.

    It was $3000 that I paid for a lesson in letting down my guard against slick advertisements.

  • Specialist · Logan, UT · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 27 votes
    7y

    I'd now like to add how disappointed I am in F&G for sending bunch of bots and/or spam to flood this thread. There are SO MANY (hundreds?) of brand new BP free members who's only interaction with this website is spouting one of 4 canned endorsements for F&G on THIS thread. Obviously comment-spam.

     Shame on you, F&G.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I also had John Madison, dude was awesome.  Replied within minutes to every question I had.  I'm currently in my first round and got 21.5K  The first round was a little over a month (7/3 - 8/7).  To date none of the 3 cards have appeared on my personal credit only the inquiries, which have already been removed using the instructions they provided.  On to the next round, I hope I get John again.

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I just finished my first round and was able to get 30k through 4 cards. The process took about a month and a half. Brandon Kroon was very helpful in assisting me throughout the process. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Hey my wife and I just completed the first round of work and have received $65,000 in credit so far. We both are also using their sister company Kaydem to work on our credit reports. We have a plan in place to clean up our credit and then we'll qualify for even more lines of credit. Also I have started working with Plastiq to turn the credit card lines into wire transfers. It's all legit. Easy to research on line. Nothing hidden. Not rocket science. Just do what they tell you to do. Thanks.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.