Votes
Ian Hoover
  • Bridgeville, PA
Votes |
Emotional Support Dog

Ian Hoover
  • Bridgeville, PA
Posted Jan 8 2015, 14:38

I have read the other posts on this topic but I seem to be getting screwed right now and it is a little different then anything else I have read, I rented a house to this young couple in Pittsburgh and they did ask about getting a dog down the road and my reply was:

"This owner is ok with pets, we would visit that when the time comes but you will probably have to sign a pet addendum and put down a refundable pet deposit"

That was the last I heard about the dog until now it is about 45 days later and there has been no issues, I get an email saying she wants to adopt a puppy and make it an emotional support dog.

From what I have read on this topic by her having a doctors note (Are we in school all over again?) she can have this dog without paying a pet deposit because it is a ESA, is there a loophole here? She did not tell me this at anytime prior to me renting this place and now it looks like I will be stuck letting her have this dog without additional security.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, HUD has made this way too easy for professional tenants.

Loading replies...