• Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
Caught Tenant Smoking Weed

Faisal Farnas
  • Investor
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Posted Oct 29 2016, 15:14

Hello,

Looking for some advice here. I am not sure what to do. I live in one side of a duplex and renting out the other side. There is a shared laundry room. My current tenants have paid on time every month, and every time I have entered the house for maintenance it was very clean and tidy.

Today as I was walking towards the laundry room, one of the tenants (this 30-something woman) was smoking weed outside. I heard her say "oh ****" then she ran inside real quick! I didn't think much of it, then when I went into the laundry room, I found a pipe full of weed on top of the washing machine. She must have tried to hide it.

Should I make a big deal out of this? Ignore it? It does not really affect me personally, but what if it starts with weed and progresses to hard drugs? It is against the law for sure. Looking for advice here.

P.S. I screened all the individuals living here and they all had a clean record. This woman lives with her mom and grandma, and they are the ones responsible for paying the rent.

Thanks,

Faisal

Loading replies...