• Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee Florida
Votes |
Help with Low Income Tenants

Luke Carl#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee Florida
Posted Aug 15 2018, 08:12

Hello! I just moved into a new market and bought 3 low income doors. 

1 Single Family flip in a D neighborhood that is just on the other side of an A neighborhood

1 Duplex that is 15 years old in a C area that is coming up. 

It took me a month to put a tenant in the single family as everyone wanted section 8 and I knew nothing about that. I drove by yesterday and the tenant has sheets on the windows and a bunch of junk on the lawn. I left a voicemail asking her to remove the sheets and get cheap blinds and please get a storage unit for the junk. How much can I do and how much should I really care when her neighbors have pitbulls? 

The duplex is already occupied. The right side has been there since it was built and is a bit of a horder. She's also selling candies and snacks to neighbors like it's a conveience store. Should I care? 

What should I put in the letter to these new tenants (which I will also post on their doors) and should I think about getting rid of them or just leave them in there if they pay on time?  Should I fix things in the duplex like cracked windows and bent mailboxes or just leave as is? 

Lots of questions here. My first time dealing with anything less than an A property so I'm looking for advice! Thanks 

Loading replies...