Kitchen appliances 

4 new entry doors

2 toliets...plumbing repairs

It should rent for 2k a month

seperated gas and electric

and the gutters cleaned!!

Sounds like a great buy.

That's a great deal.  Congrats. 

Good job! Curious on how you got it? (foreclosure, note purchase, short sale, etc. etc)

@MelvinMartinez It was on the MLS....no kidding....their is a 17 unit that borders this that is also vacant and condemed.....Listed for 74,900....then needs 100k in rehab......but will average 600 monthly each, next to that is a 6 unit thats empty....across the street from an elementary school! it would be a great sec 8 project!

@Stephan Haas

Good to see you were able to make a deal happen with that property.

Congratulations I hope you already have your offer in. 

@Stephan Haas If you get the chance, don't forget to put in a proportional Offer of $15k in for that 6 Unit property up the road (unless you think that's too much)! Good one...

Wow, sounds like a cash cow. Did you end up pursuing this project?  What was the total rehab cost? 

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7...

http://www.zillow.com/homes/722-Staples-Ave-Kalama...

@Stephan Haas

While the little bit of the interior shown looks decent, the outside looks like a lot of maintenance has been deferred. Also, this area doesn't appear too promising. Could be a cash cow, could also be a money pit. I hope you know the exact block & surrounding blocks very well. Caveat emptor. 

Since this thread is a month old, did you end up purchasing or passing, and why?

Its mine, it will be rent ready soon...I plan on siding it this summer, and a new roof. it will gross $2100 monthly....its not an area i would like to live, but someone will want to call it home.

Nice cash flow.  Probably very little appreciation, so as long as you "milk" the cash cow, no problem!

I like your thinking on this, and nice deal.. This looks awesome. Just a little TLC will go along way and I'm sure the tenants will love their new home.  Kudos to you!!

What about lead-based paint on that wood exterior?  One lead-poisoned tenant kid could take your entire net worth.  Fines from regulators can be huge.  best to spend a few dollars to have it checked.  $700 should cover a good consultant with an XRF perform the lead inspection, and you should expect a formal report with 275 readings, give or take.    

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here