• DHS/Investor
  • Bowie, MD
Votes |
Newbie Taking Action

Deshawn Lewis
  • DHS/Investor
  • Bowie, MD
Posted Aug 11 2015, 14:40

Hey everyone just want to share a story of how I just took some ACTION in becoming a REI. So me and my aunt have been talking about getting into REI for about 2-3 years but it was just that TALK..I few months ago we went to our first REI meetup and it was great, I actually thought it was to good to be true. People in the investing world giving away FREE information I just knew it was a catch to it, but it wasn't. The meetup was great ALOT of information and real life scenarios.. So while in the last meetup I heard about BP. I instantly looked it up on my phone and signed up and quickly got addicted, reading topics after topics also listening to podcasts to and from work even during work I learn soooo much.

The best thing BP did for me was finding a mentor in my area(DMV). He was a cool guy and we started texting and talking for about a week straight this past weekend he took me to a property where he just wholesaled to a guy. He just wanted me to get my feet wet and also what to look for when first walking into a house. One of the first questions he ask me when we started texting was if a deal came to you today would u be able to pull the trigger? Couldn't really answer that questions so I decided to take ACTION.. Learned about different ways to attract sellers and just today got pre qualified with a great lending company(hard money) that a guy recommend me to at one of the meet ups..We will start the yellow letter campaign in the next few weeks or so, but now I'm proud to say if a deal came to me right now I would be able to pull the trigger!!!!!

I know it ALOT more for me to learn and I'm willing to put forth the effort to educate myself the best way possible...

My goal is to find and rehab a house by the end of the year!!

Loading replies...