Leverage or Not? From those who’ve done both

Leverage or Not? From those who’ve done both

Fairfax, VA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 6 votes

I’d like to hear from those 40+ years of age who’ve paid down principal fast vs those who used leverage and whether they’re happy they chose that route or they regret it. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I’d like the hear their opinion as to why they chose their route and if they’d do anything differently. Thanks in advance!

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Allentown PA, United States · Member since 2016 · 567 posts · 442 votes
    6y

    I'm not over 40, but I think it really comes down to your "why" on investing. Do you want scalability or security? Leverage will allow you to scale, but nothing is more secure than a free a clear property. Chances are you want a bit of both, so depending on your risk tolerance, if your portfolio is at least at 75% LTV with adequate reserves, I wouldn't be too quick to pay down properties at a young age considering historically low fixed-rate financing available today.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.