Votes
Andrew James
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
Carribbean hot spots within the next few years

Andrew James
  • Lubbock, TX
Posted May 15 2018, 07:15

Hello, I am fairly new to bigger pockets and this is my first forum question. I was wondering if anyone has experience with traveling to the Caribbean or buying properties in the Caribbean. 

I am wanting to purchase a vacation home, and also rent it out when we are not there. I have been to the Cayman Islands plenty of times, and love it, but I want to find somewhere else - a hidden gem maybe... that has yet to explode as a tourist destination, but close enough to a major town that airlines can fly into as I need to make it somewhat affordable and accessible to people who would like to rent it out. Of course we all want the best of both worlds; that is a hidden gem on a secluded/private beach, but close enough to a town to find good eats, drinks, and shopping. Not to mention interaction with the locals is awesome. 

I am open to any and all suggestions! However, I would like to avoid Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and Mexico, but that doesn’t mean if presented with a fantastic opportunity, I wouldn’t look into it. 

Thank you everyone! 

Respectfully,

Andrew James

Loading replies...