Where is your Vacation Rental Property?

212 Replies

@Jerry W. , sounds like you'll be spending the whole summer in Branson if she wants to see all the shows. Lol. I have several houses in Branson, as well as does my brothers and parents. We all live about 3-1/2 hours from our properties, though, near St. Louis.

@Aline - I don't have any experience over there, but I'd love to learn if it's a hot market! lol If you need any help in the Destin, Niceville, or 30A areas, let me know :)

I think it’s a good market but the prices are ridiculously overheated. You will talk to moronic realtors who don’t own property and they will tell you how it keeps going up and up. Look for great deals because they are there. I think St. Augustine is much better and our properties do extremely well. Ponte Vedra has very few good restaurants and zero night life so that limits your return customers. 

Hi there , if you don’t mind asking - how has your experience been with evolve ? 

Originally posted by @Jon Crosby :

@Alanna Schroeder , I have owned/managed 3 in the Lake Tahoe area (currently down to 1 however in Tahoe City).  Here is that property if you want to check it out:  https://evolvevacationrental.com/411501

I have been on an MLS feed for Princeville for a few years now as we go out there every few years for family vacation and love it!

Hi @Gururaj Iyer , I don't mind you asking at all!  I have been with Evolve for about 4 years now and my experience with them actually gets better each year.  They are constantly investing more into their services and personnel and really have not raised their rates the entire time (other than going from 2.5% to 3% payment processing fee when they switched to Stripe).   

They work well for my particular investment model and in conjunction with some of the automations I have built it's been a great fit to really maximize my time that I have to invest in my properties.  They are not ideal for everyone's business model however so just make sure you clearly understand what you are getting with their services and make sure they line up with your goals. 

Best of luck! 

thanks ! I just started with them couple of weeks ago for my Poconos, PA lake house rental.  Having issues with them responding back in time.. takes 3 days for basic updates to listings... morever what i weirdly noticed yesterday is that they have totally setup Airbnb for failure... placed 600 per night stay when VRBO and their own site has it at 300.. when i asked they said they cant update line level ( which is totally untrue as i do it as an owner for my jersey shore rental )  the business development manager also asked me to not share my listing on social media as it would be counter productive ( i have no idea how !! )  even with them being there..all i  see them doing is maintaining calendars across the travel sites.. i still have to give a welcome note to guests, guests reach out to me as primary contact and the cleaners... 
i know its been just 2 weeks since i went live with them.. but unfortunately aint getting a good vibe :( 

Originally posted by @Jon Crosby :

Hi @Gururaj Iyer, I don't mind you asking at all!  I have been with Evolve for about 4 years now and my experience with them actually gets better each year.  They are constantly investing more into their services and personnel and really have not raised their rates the entire time (other than going from 2.5% to 3% payment processing fee when they switched to Stripe).   

They work well for my particular investment model and in conjunction with some of the automations I have built it's been a great fit to really maximize my time that I have to invest in my properties.  They are not ideal for everyone's business model however so just make sure you clearly understand what you are getting with their services and make sure they line up with your goals. 

Best of luck! 

@Tyann Marcink , apparently BP won't let me send you a friend request, so I will hijack this thread a little to say that I will send you a message to learn more about Branson.  I think my family is more than ready for a vacation.

@Gururaj Iyer   I grew up in Woodbridge and have been going down a lot to NJ for family reasons.  Going down this Weekend again.   I know Belmar, Sandy Hook , and Point pleasant,  Bradley Beach I heard of but don't know. Good Market? 

Yes ,  very close to Asbury Park!  Good for families ! 

Originally posted by @Colleen F. :

@Gururaj Iyer  I grew up in Woodbridge and have been going down a lot to NJ for family reasons.  Going down this Weekend again.   I know Belmar, Sandy Hook , and Point pleasant,  Bradley Beach I heard of but don't know. Good Market? 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here