• Contractor
  • Massachusetts
Votes |
Hard working Dad

Benjamin Middleton
  • Contractor
  • Massachusetts
Posted Mar 9 2023, 15:52

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been studying for about 9 months and I’m ready to make moves. I’m an electrician licensed in mass New Hampshire Maine Connecticut Rhode Island but I have six kids but I have many electrical friends. Looking to break into the real estate business through creative financing and getting ready to start a business. Looking for some people in the south shore to connect with to help and be helped. Thanks. 

User Stats

Votes
Joel Bongco
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Mililani, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Mililani, HI
Replied Mar 10 2023, 01:16

Aloha @Benjamin Middleton - I too am part of the Hard Working Dad Club -- Six kids! Wow!  You are on the right path, Real Estate Investing is the way to go!   Try to find a mentor in your area who can help you! Its tough when you go it alone.   Please let me know if you would like to chat,  I can provide you with some newbie best practices and lessons learned.  HTHS!  Joel

User Stats

Votes
Jaylan Archer
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portsmouth, NH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portsmouth, NH
Replied Mar 10 2023, 04:52

Hey Benjamin!

You sure have been busy. :) I'm a father of two, real estate agent and investor myself and am thankful for all of it. One benefit you will eventually have is six kids will hopefully turn into six helpers at some point. 

Congrats on the desire to start investing. I would see if there are any investor meet ups in your area and try to figure out what your why is. Are you looking for cash flowing properties or thinking of investing into flips?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Hamp Lee III
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 10 2023, 05:34

Welcome to BP!

I have a large family as well and house hacking isn’t the best situation to move them when settled.

Joining your local real estate investing association is also a great way to start.

As an electrician, many investors need good ones on projects. That may be another way to get started with you helping them and they help you. Maybe you can work with one enough to JV on a deal or get one from them.

I’m finding more and more that when you give value to others, opportunities come in droves.

I wish you all the best in building a financial legacy through real estate!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 31 2023, 14:29

Hey bud, welcome to BP. Starting out is the hardest part. Getting your name out there is a big first step. Join REI local groups, go to meetups, start networking. Try to find other investors, as someone above mentioned. Leverage your skillset and start trying to help others where you can. Think about your REI business- know your WHY ! Start putting a business concept together and start executing it one step at a time. Set up your business entity and get legal and people will be more likely to listen to your pitch. Try visiting open houses and ask ?s - was this investor or homeowner. Talk to agents, collect numbers and vet people. Start building your network of resources and if you do all of the above- you'll be well on your way before you know it. I'd like to add you as a friend. I may have work in NH in the future!

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied May 31 2023, 15:40

Welcome aboard Benjamin!

User Stats

Votes
Dmitriy Fomichenko
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Replied Jun 2 2023, 00:23

Welcome to BP Benjamin. It's a perfect place to start your real estate investing journey.

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Good luck on everything!

User Stats

Votes
Melanie Thomas
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Antonio
Replied Jun 2 2023, 12:29

Hello and welcome to the community, Ben.

It's wonderful to hear about your dedication to learning and your readiness to transition into the real estate field. As an electrician, you already possess valuable skills that can benefit you greatly in real estate investing. Plus, having a network of fellow electricians will definitely be an asset.

Creative financing is a smart approach to getting started in real estate, especially when traditional financing may not be the best fit. In this community, you'll find many discussions, articles, and resources about different creative financing strategies.

As for connecting with people in the South Shore area, you're in the right place. There are plenty of members here who are eager to network, share experiences, and collaborate.

Don't hesitate to engage in discussions, ask questions, and share your knowledge with the community. Everyone here is on a learning journey, and your unique perspective as an electrician breaking into real estate could be invaluable to others.

Looking forward to seeing your progress as you make your move into real estate. Welcome aboard!

Best,

Melanie

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 2 2023, 14:25

Benjamin Middleton - thanks for your inspirational post. I'm a Real Estate Investor and Business Owner who desires to do JV with Electricians and Plumbers. Let's brainstorm to see if there are opportunities to collaborate.