New agent looking to learn more about investment properties.

New agent looking to learn more about investment properties.

Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote

I have listened to the BiggerPockets podcast for about two years now. I mostly listen to it on YouTube while at work. A couple months ago I finally made the decision to study for my real estate license. I decided to join the BiggerPockets community because I wanted to learn more about house flipping, investing, and hopes to build connections with other agents and investors. I think the tools they offer on BiggerPockets are extremely helpful and useful. I have been using them to better familiarize myself with how they work. I wish everyone the best of luck on their future endeavors! 

1Reply
11 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marlon FongPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
    2y

    Welcome to the site @Mikochi Gilbert! It's great to have you here.

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

    Check out BP Money Podcast: https://www.biggerpockets.com/..

    Wishing you the best!

    BiggerPockets
  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2023 · 749 posts · 510 votes
    2y

    Welcome to the BP community Mikochi! This site is an incredible platform that has numerous resources so definitely take advantage of it all. I'd love to get connected with you.

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets community, Mikochi! You're in the right place to learn more about various aspects of real estate, from flipping houses to investing.

    -Julio

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome to the BP community @Mikochi Gilbert ! Great that you joined the site! 

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Wishing you the best!

  • Zach SikesBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Edmond, OK · Member since 2011 · 452 posts · 183 votes
    2y

    Welcome to real estate Mikochi!  

    We're brokers + agents + investors + property managers here in Edmond and OKC.  Hit me up if ever want to talk shop or Oklahoma real estate!

    HCO Leasing4.198 Reviews
    Homestead & Co4.9172 Reviews
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    Get started househacking and use your commission to pay for a majority of the down payment! I've gotten two duplexes for no money out of pocket by having the seller increase my commission to 3.5% and cover all closing costs.

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    @Mikochi Gilbert Congratulations on your decision to finally take action after 2 years of consuming BP contents.

    Please understand that being a Real Estate Agent and a Real Estate Investor are 2 separate professions but you can do both if you choose that route.

    Most Successful Agents I know always do 80% of actively selling real estate and 20% of Investing because at the end of the day. 

    You need money to invest in Real Estate.

    House Hacking is a great starting point SO YOU CAN LEARN THE FUNDAMENTALS WITH ZERO TO LOW RISK.

    Flipping is a job so you have to decide if you want another job or if you want to become a successful top-producing agent. 

    Your path will appear clearer as you gain more REAL LIFE Experience as a Real Estate Agent and Investor.

    Goodluck. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.