Investor · Port Orchard, WA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 23 votes
Beautiful day in Puget Sound to be shopping for depressed homes. Looking forward to throwing some questions out there and getting real, been there done that advice. I've been in real Estate at many different levels; General Contracting, Associate Broker, Buyer, Seller, Landlord and my favorite... Flipping; by far the most satisfying. Taking a pile of you know what and turning it into gold.
I'm joining because you speak to my passion, RE. Always giving great practical advice and everyone no matter the question receives response. There is such a wide reach at so many levels that this has become my one stop search, Q&A shop.
I mostly love to read the successes and lately have found my self wanting to add a comment or two to congratulate and share what I've learned. Until the other day when I had a big question and no one around me knew the answer. It will be my next post; To Plat or not to Plat.
Real Estate Investor · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2012 · 480 posts · 116 votes
12y
@Lisa Miller - welcome to BP. Nice to see another WA local jump in. I'm over in Kirkland. You'll find quite a few BPers from WA. Check out the "Learn" tab up top and dig in. Hope to catch you around the forums.
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
Hi Lisa , and welcome to BP! I'm a "fix and hold" investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! But you'll find a variety of every type of investor on the site, and everyone is amazingly helpful. Some pointers for you: The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do BP members! You can click on the "vote" button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are "awards" to earn on your profile. And you can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name at the bottom of the message box. Welcome to the site, and good luck in everything!
Real Estate Investor · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2012 · 480 posts · 116 votes
12y
@Lisa Miller - welcome to BP. Nice to see another WA local jump in. I'm over in Kirkland. You'll find quite a few BPers from WA. Check out the "Learn" tab up top and dig in. Hope to catch you around the forums.
Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
12y
Welcome to the site @Lisa Miller! It's always great to have an experienced investor join our ranks. Especially one that loves giving back to the community, sweet!
Investor · Port Orchard, WA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 23 votes
12y
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
My daughter is coming over tomorrow to tech me how to respond properly and faster. There are a lot of new buttons, routes and setups to learn as a member vs an outsider just reading. Again thanks for giving this newbie a few minutes of your time, it is appreciated!.
Any quick tips or links to setup my account? Other than the learn button.
If you have any specific questions after that, come back and post them and I'm sure someone will be able to help. Especially @Brandon Turner or @Joshua D. .
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y
Hey @Lisa Miller thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! Looks like you have some good experience with real estate! Don't be afraid to jump in and help answer questions or ask some of your own.
Have you setup your "Keyword Alerts" yet? If not - definitely add some. I'd recommend adding "Port Orchard" so you'll be notified when people talk about your local area.
Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 50 past ones to catch up on.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info.
You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.
Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y
Welcome Lisa! My husband spent his high school years in Port Orchard.
I like how you say Washington the state. I have "Washington" as a key word alert and get a lot of DC related stuff. Normally I can weed it out from the subject line.
Your energy and experience is great, looking forward to seeing you on the forums.