New real estate investor in Broward

New real estate investor in Broward

Member since 2024 · 8 posts · 12 votes

Hello everyone! My name is Juan Carlos Correa, originally from Mexico, and now living in South Florida for the last 3 years. I’m an CPA working in the audit practice and dreaming about starting a real estate investment path for me an my family. Open to hear/read and tips and advices that could help me on my research for my first deal!

5Reply
90 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 755 votes
1y
Quote from @Juan Carlos Correa:

Hello everyone! My name is Juan Carlos Correa, originally from Mexico, and now living in South Florida for the last 3 years. I’m an CPA working in the audit practice and dreaming about starting a real estate investment path for me an my family. Open to hear/read and tips and advices that could help me on my research for my first deal!


 Hi Juan. Welcome to BP. Being a CPA will help you in your journey for sure.
I am an investor and realtor here in Fort Lauderdale so I can definitely throw some tips your way. What type of property are you thinking about? Orale!

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Juan and best of luck investing!

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 755 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Juan Carlos Correa:

    Hello everyone! My name is Juan Carlos Correa, originally from Mexico, and now living in South Florida for the last 3 years. I’m an CPA working in the audit practice and dreaming about starting a real estate investment path for me an my family. Open to hear/read and tips and advices that could help me on my research for my first deal!


     Hi Juan. Welcome to BP. Being a CPA will help you in your journey for sure.
    I am an investor and realtor here in Fort Lauderdale so I can definitely throw some tips your way. What type of property are you thinking about? Orale!

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2019 · 124 posts · 68 votes
    1y

    Welcome @Juan Carlos Correa, I could use a CPA! It's been a struggle for myself to find a reliable one.  I have some homes in Ft Lauderdale and excel in the Short Term Rental space.  Happy to help with some advice and if you do a search, you'll find some solid posts I made on the space.  I'd recommend searching the forums for topics you're interested in to get a solid base and direction.  Without clear direction, we lack clarity!

    • Member since 2025 · 50 posts · 28 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Reese Newell:

      Welcome @Juan Carlos Correa, I could use a CPA! It's been a struggle for myself to find a reliable one.  I have some homes in Ft Lauderdale and excel in the Short Term Rental space.  Happy to help with some advice and if you do a search, you'll find some solid posts I made on the space.  I'd recommend searching the forums for topics you're interested in to get a solid base and direction.  Without clear direction, we lack clarity!

       Hello Reese, 

      Pedro here from TrueNest Property Management. Happy to connect with investors like you in the area. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with your portfolio!

  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2023 · 233 posts · 96 votes
    1y

    Hey Juan, welcome to BP! 

    What markets are you looking into and what investing strategies are you interested in pursuing?

  • Lender · Fort Lauderdale, FL (Lending in FL CT GA MI PA) · Member since 2022 · 470 posts · 349 votes
    1y

    Welcome Juan! Definitely connect with Ray, he's a great resource for our area. 

  • Member since 2024 · 8 posts · 12 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Juan and best of luck investing!


     Thanks Andrew!

  • Member since 2024 · 8 posts · 12 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Reese Newell:

    Welcome @Juan Carlos Correa, I could use a CPA! It's been a struggle for myself to find a reliable one.  I have some homes in Ft Lauderdale and excel in the Short Term Rental space.  Happy to help with some advice and if you do a search, you'll find some solid posts I made on the space.  I'd recommend searching the forums for topics you're interested in to get a solid base and direction.  Without clear direction, we lack clarity!


     Thanks Reese, I will definitely take a look at your posts for more information, I’ve been reading multiple real estate books in the last couple of weeks, but definitely will leverage from your experience! Hope to connect soon

  • Member since 2024 · 8 posts · 12 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Ash Hegde:

    Welcome Juan! Definitely connect with Ray, he's a great resource for our area. 


     Thanks Ash, and nice to meet you

  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Juan Carlos Correa:
    Quote from @Ray Hage:
    Quote from @Juan Carlos Correa:

    Hello everyone! My name is Juan Carlos Correa, originally from Mexico, and now living in South Florida for the last 3 years. I’m an CPA working in the audit practice and dreaming about starting a real estate investment path for me an my family. Open to hear/read and tips and advices that could help me on my research for my first deal!


     Hi Juan. Welcome to BP. Being a CPA will help you in your journey for sure.
    I am an investor and realtor here in Fort Lauderdale so I can definitely throw some tips your way. What type of property are you thinking about? Orale!

    Hey Ray! I’m actually looking for an out of state property, being specific in the Great Lakes region (OH, PA, IL, etc) and I’m looking for my first investment property

    Hey Juan,

    I 4 doors out here in Ohio and would be more than happy to help you get started investing here. The biggest thing you can do is build your CORE 4 which consists of getting a great realtor, contractor, property manger, and attorney wherever you choose to start investing.Let me know how I can help you get going

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Juan Carlos Correa:

    Hello everyone! My name is Juan Carlos Correa, originally from Mexico, and now living in South Florida for the last 3 years. I’m an CPA working in the audit practice and dreaming about starting a real estate investment path for me an my family. Open to hear/read and tips and advices that could help me on my research for my first deal!


    Hi Juan, welcome to the BiggerPockets community! You can take advantage of the free resources here like the BP podcasts and forums. One of the things you can start doing is reviewing your credit score and work on improving it if needed. Start building your down payment fund and check different financing options. This way you can calculate how much you can realistically invest and keep for reserves. Get super familiar with your location of choice and work with people who have your best interests. And put those CPA skills to work! You can dig into cash flow projections, tax benefits, ROI calculations, etc. Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have.

  • Andy RouschPro Member
    Investor · Mt. Arlington NJ · Member since 2018 · 251 posts · 143 votes
    1y

    Hey @Juan Carlos Correa and Welcome to BP! What strategy are you looking to do? Would you be looking locally in South Florida? 

  • Member since 2024 · 225 posts · 86 votes
    1y

    Hi Juan Carlos, and welcome to the community!

    It’s great to have you here! With your CPA background and audit experience, you already have a strong foundation for analyzing deals and understanding the financial side of real estate—a huge advantage as you dive into this new journey. South Florida has a vibrant real estate market, and there are so many exciting opportunities here.

    We’re glad you’re joining us and look forward to seeing your first deal come together. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or updates. Welcome to the BP family!

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    @Juan Carlos Correa

    Let me know if you need any great general contractors and I have large network for this area. 

  • Member since 2025 · 50 posts · 28 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Juan Carlos Correa:

    Hello everyone! My name is Juan Carlos Correa, originally from Mexico, and now living in South Florida for the last 3 years. I’m an CPA working in the audit practice and dreaming about starting a real estate investment path for me an my family. Open to hear/read and tips and advices that could help me on my research for my first deal!

    Hello @Juan Carlos Correa, welcome to BP and congrats on your decision, please keep my profile in mind in case you need anything in Property Management arena

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.