Hello Everyone at BP! RE Agent in Yucaipa, California

Hello Everyone at BP! RE Agent in Yucaipa, California

Property Manager · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2014 · 473 posts · 238 votes

Hello,

My name is David Friedman and I am excited to start posting my experiences with real estate as well as learn from other experienced real estate investors. I've been lurking on BP for about a year now and decided that it was time to introduce myself correctly.

I'm a licensed Realtor, ever since I turned 18 years old (20 years old now). I work in the Inland Empire which is west of Los Angeles and includes cities such as San Bernardino, Redlands, Yucaipa, Riverside, etc. I started my own firm, Realicore Real Estate Services, in 2011 with the help of my father. My father (Also my broker) is even retiring from his CPA business to begin real estate with me! I'm super excited about working with my father because.. family!

So far I have flipped 2 homes, currently in escrow for another flip, and own a rental property in Needles, CA. I have successfully represented my clients on 25+ home purchases/sales. I have done all of this, while going to college full time for my marketing degree.

My goals in real estate are:

1. Represent clients on at least 20 homes by the end of the year.

2. Begin to flip at 5 properties a month using OPM by the end of the year.

3. Produce cash flow of $2000 per month by the end of 2015.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. I look forward to being a part of the BP community.

3Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

J. MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y

Hi David, and welcome to BP! I'm a 'fix and hold' investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! But you'll find a variety of every type of investor on the site, and everyone is amazingly helpful. Some pointers for you: The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do BP members! You can click on the 'vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are 'awards' to earn on your profile. And you can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name at the bottom of the message box. Welcome to the site, and good luck in everything!

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2014 · 473 posts · 238 votes
    12y

    Welp! Already messed my profile picture up haha.

  • Investor · San Bernardino Mountains, CA · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    @David Friedman Welcome to BP! As I am sure you are finding, there is a wealth of information and guidance available on BP.

    I am interested in the IE and in working with an investor friendly agent. Feel free to PM me.

  • Property Manager · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2014 · 473 posts · 238 votes
    12y

    Thank you for the welcome @Jeff ZamoraI just added you as a colleague so that we can talk.

  • Property Manager · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2014 · 473 posts · 238 votes
    12y

    Quick question: Where can I see my private messages?

  • South Bend, IN · Member since 2014 · 318 posts · 156 votes
    12y

    @David Friedman - Welcome to BP

  • Rental Property Investor · Redlands, CA · Member since 2014 · 36 posts · 14 votes
    12y
    David Friedman welcome to BP from another Inland Empire member. I'm a newbie here too, but have already made some great connections. I'm in Redlands, and as Jeff Zamora said it will be good to know an investor knowledgeable realtor. Don't hesitate to reach out if I can help. Welcome to BP!
  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 969 posts · 524 votes
    12y

    @David Friedman

    Welcome to BP!!

  • Developer · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 31 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP, great goals there. Did you find you private message box yet? Its the last tab on the right labelled inbox.

  • Property Manager · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2014 · 473 posts · 238 votes
    12y

    Thank you @Annunciata R. That helped me find it. It was so obvious!

    Thank you for the welcome @Derrick Craig

    @Account Closed Thank you!

    @Matt Sauls I'd be happy to meet for coffee some time and talk about real estate or anything you're interested in. PM me the best way to reach you.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Hi David, and welcome to BP! I'm a 'fix and hold' investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! But you'll find a variety of every type of investor on the site, and everyone is amazingly helpful. Some pointers for you: The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do BP members! You can click on the 'vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are 'awards' to earn on your profile. And you can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name at the bottom of the message box. Welcome to the site, and good luck in everything!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @David Friedman

    Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Brandon Turner did a great read The Real Estate Agent's Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/08/24/real-estate-agents-working-with-investors/

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good luck

    Paul

  • Property Manager · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2014 · 473 posts · 238 votes
    12y

    Thank you @J. Martin !

    I'm going to start going over all of the information you have sent me.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @David Friedman Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! Looks like you have some good experience with real estate! Don't be afraid to jump in and help answer questions or ask some of your own.

    Also - be sure to check out the post "House Flipping: The Best of BiggerPockets." It's a collection of the best flipping info from the site.

    Have you setup your "Keyword Alerts" yet? If not - definitely add some. I'd recommend adding "Yucaipa" so you'll be notified when people talk about your local area.

    Welcome David!

  • Property Manager · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2014 · 473 posts · 238 votes
    12y

    Thank you @Brandon Turner ! I will check it out now!

  • Banker · Greater Phoenix · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    David welcome!

    I also live in Yucaipa. We definitely need to meet up sometime and network. There are not many networking events for people living in the Inland Empire that I have found.

    Thanks,

    Brandon

  • Property Manager · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2014 · 473 posts · 238 votes
    12y

    I agree @Brandon Hughes ! As far as networking events in the IE I have started a very popular RE Club using Cal State San B as a base. The turnout is usually 20-25 people the last 2 events. Want me to keep everyone here posted?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.