New to Orlando Investing: CA LTR Experience, Exploring LTR/STR - Let's Network!

New to Orlando Investing: CA LTR Experience, Exploring LTR/STR - Let's Network!

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hey BiggerPockets,

I'm Javier Meza, RE investor with 2 (now 1) LTRs in CA that have been cash-flowing well. Relocated to Winter Garden, FL (Orlando area) with family; scaling portfolio here.

I have some experience with LTR but have been brushing up on STRs given Orlando's tourism appeal. Goal: Add 1-2 properties by year-end (either LTR or STR), targeting deals within a 45-min drive of Winter Garden and scale from there.

Building a strong team: Wholesalers, contractors, PMs, lenders, fellow investors for off-market opportunities or JVs. If you're in Central FL and would like to network, let's connect via DM or meetup.

What's working well for everyone in this market?

Javier Meza

1Reply
97 views

Most Popular Reply

JD MartinBusiness Member
Moderator
Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Shawn McCormick:

Hey @Javier Meza Welcome to Orlando. I live in Clermont, happy to meet up sometime. I am on the board of CFRI The local chapter of the National REIA, you should come to some of the meetings.

Tons of opportunities to network and meet other local investors, trades, wholesalers etc. We have about over a dozen meetings a month all over Central Florida. Our General meeting is coming up on the 12th and we have our Lake County meeting in Clermont the following week. 

I can get a free pass for your first meeting, PM me and I can get it to you. 

Best of luck!

I didn't realize you live in Clermont. My house is in Clermont, well technically 4 Corners but I have a Clermont address. I'm across the street from the new Windsor resort close to Cagans Crossing. 
Skyline Properties
View Page
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    1y

    Hey @Javier Meza Welcome to Orlando. I live in Clermont, happy to meet up sometime. I am on the board of CFRI The local chapter of the National REIA, you should come to some of the meetings.

    Tons of opportunities to network and meet other local investors, trades, wholesalers etc. We have about over a dozen meetings a month all over Central Florida. Our General meeting is coming up on the 12th and we have our Lake County meeting in Clermont the following week. 

    I can get a free pass for your first meeting, PM me and I can get it to you. 

    Best of luck!

    • JD MartinBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Shawn McCormick:

      Hey @Javier Meza Welcome to Orlando. I live in Clermont, happy to meet up sometime. I am on the board of CFRI The local chapter of the National REIA, you should come to some of the meetings.

      Tons of opportunities to network and meet other local investors, trades, wholesalers etc. We have about over a dozen meetings a month all over Central Florida. Our General meeting is coming up on the 12th and we have our Lake County meeting in Clermont the following week. 

      I can get a free pass for your first meeting, PM me and I can get it to you. 

      Best of luck!

      I didn't realize you live in Clermont. My house is in Clermont, well technically 4 Corners but I have a Clermont address. I'm across the street from the new Windsor resort close to Cagans Crossing. 
      Skyline Properties
      View Page
  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Hey Shawn, thanks for the warm welcome and the invite to CFRI! Excited to dive into the Orlando real estate scene and connect with local investors. I’ll follow up in DM to grab that free pass for the Aug 12 meeting and get details on the Clermont event. Appreciate the opportunity!

  • Sean GrahamBusiness Member
    Investor , CPA · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 582 posts · 248 votes
    1y

    Hey Javier, welcome to BP! 

    Happy to connect with you! 

    Maven Cost Segregation Tax Advisors554 Reviews
  • Member since 2017 · 143 posts · 76 votes
    1y

    @Javier Meza

    Orlando STR's are over cooked! I would search out other avenues, or areas, or at least try to find a killer deal. Pad split is a good option in my opinion, best of both worlds.

  • Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 479 posts · 277 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Javier Meza:

    Hey BiggerPockets,

    I'm Javier Meza, RE investor with 2 (now 1) LTRs in CA that have been cash-flowing well. Relocated to Winter Garden, FL (Orlando area) with family; scaling portfolio here.

    I have some experience with LTR but have been brushing up on STRs given Orlando's tourism appeal. Goal: Add 1-2 properties by year-end (either LTR or STR), targeting deals within a 45-min drive of Winter Garden and scale from there.

    Building a strong team: Wholesalers, contractors, PMs, lenders, fellow investors for off-market opportunities or JVs. If you're in Central FL and would like to network, let's connect via DM or meetup.

    What's working well for everyone in this market?

    Javier Meza

     @Javier Meza a little late to the party but welcome to the area. We've bought 150 units of MF in Jacksonville and still own 51 units, we also manage for other owners in Jacksonville and Orlando. Happy to connect sometime if you'd like and just chop it up. Also happy to share some other meetups I've been to or jotted down to go to in the area if you're interested in going to some. 

  • Terrance HillPro Member
    Realtor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2010 · 425 posts · 117 votes
    1y

    Welcome, Javier! Sounds like you’ve got a solid foundation with your LTRs and a smart plan to explore STRs in the Orlando area. Scaling locally with a strong team is key — focusing on wholesalers, PMs, and lenders will definitely give you an edge. Excited to see what deals you land this year!

  • Realtor · Murrieta, CA · Member since 2016 · 373 posts · 203 votes
    1y

    Are there any good meet ups or REIs in the orlando area?

    • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
      Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Travis Rasmussen:

      Are there any good meet ups or REIs in the orlando area?


       Yes there are several monthly meetups and a nice community of investors here in Orlando.

    • Realtor · Murrieta, CA · Member since 2016 · 373 posts · 203 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Tyler Gibson:
      Quote from @Travis Rasmussen:

      Are there any good meet ups or REIs in the orlando area?


       Yes there are several monthly meetups and a nice community of investors here in Orlando.


       That's great! I will send you a message and maybe you can link me to a few?

  • Giuseppe PavonePro Member
    Specialist · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 183 posts · 83 votes
    1y

    Hi @Javier Meza, I relocated to Winter Garden also a few years ago to invest in real estate full-time in Central Florida.  It's a great area.  Let me know if I can help in any way. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.