Looking for life long connections

Looking for life long connections

Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 10 votes

Hello, my name is Donald Montgomery and I'm here to make long life business connections.  I have spent the last 20 years in automobile business and started buying real estate part time. I have recently retire and looking to pursue real estate full time as an investor. Hardest part of running a dealership is finding good and reliable people you can count on, and I'm sure it applies to real estate as well. Excited to be part of this community and can't wait to work with some of you. My main focus is in Ohio and PA. looking for PM's and GC's.

7Reply
80 views

Most Popular Reply

Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo
Quote from @Donald Montgomery:

Hello, my name is Donald Montgomery and I'm here to make long life business connections.  I have spent the last 20 years in automobile business and started buying real estate part time. I have recently retire and looking to pursue real estate full time as an investor. Hardest part of running a dealership is finding good and reliable people you can count on, and I'm sure it applies to real estate as well. Excited to be part of this community and can't wait to work with some of you. My main focus is in Ohio and PA. looking for PM's and GC's.

Hey Don, great to hear about your connections. I've been investing here in Ohio for a while. I can share some contacts for PM's and GC's
Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Min ZhangBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    Welcome, Donald! In real estate you’ll end up working a lot with realtors, contractors, property managers, and lenders. It really helps to start vetting people early so you can build a solid team. I’ve got some contacts I can share if you’re interested. Happy to help with anything you need!

  • Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Donald Montgomery:

    Hello, my name is Donald Montgomery and I'm here to make long life business connections.  I have spent the last 20 years in automobile business and started buying real estate part time. I have recently retire and looking to pursue real estate full time as an investor. Hardest part of running a dealership is finding good and reliable people you can count on, and I'm sure it applies to real estate as well. Excited to be part of this community and can't wait to work with some of you. My main focus is in Ohio and PA. looking for PM's and GC's.


     I've got good property managers and contactors that i work with. I can share those recommendations to you. Reach out if you need anything.

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Donald Montgomery:

    Hello, my name is Donald Montgomery and I'm here to make long life business connections.  I have spent the last 20 years in automobile business and started buying real estate part time. I have recently retire and looking to pursue real estate full time as an investor. Hardest part of running a dealership is finding good and reliable people you can count on, and I'm sure it applies to real estate as well. Excited to be part of this community and can't wait to work with some of you. My main focus is in Ohio and PA. looking for PM's and GC's.

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Donald! I've been investing right here in Columbus, Ohio, since 2019 and I currently have over 60 doors. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have and connect you with the right people.
  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Donald Montgomery:

    Hello, my name is Donald Montgomery and I'm here to make long life business connections.  I have spent the last 20 years in automobile business and started buying real estate part time. I have recently retire and looking to pursue real estate full time as an investor. Hardest part of running a dealership is finding good and reliable people you can count on, and I'm sure it applies to real estate as well. Excited to be part of this community and can't wait to work with some of you. My main focus is in Ohio and PA. looking for PM's and GC's.

    Hey Don, great to hear about your connections. I've been investing here in Ohio for a while. I can share some contacts for PM's and GC's
    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Donald Montgomery:

    Hello, my name is Donald Montgomery and I'm here to make long life business connections.  I have spent the last 20 years in automobile business and started buying real estate part time. I have recently retire and looking to pursue real estate full time as an investor. Hardest part of running a dealership is finding good and reliable people you can count on, and I'm sure it applies to real estate as well. Excited to be part of this community and can't wait to work with some of you. My main focus is in Ohio and PA. looking for PM's and GC's.

    Hey Donald, welcome to BP! Your experience running a dealership will definitely give you an edge in real estate, especially when it comes to building a reliable team, which is just as critical here as it was in your business. Since you’re focusing on Ohio, I’d suggest keeping Columbus on your radar—it’s one of the hottest markets right now with strong population growth, job growth, and big companies like Intel, Amazon, Google, Honda, and Microsoft expanding here, which drives rental demand and long-term appreciation. You can still find properties in the $120K–180K range that hit the 1% rule and cash flow from day one, which makes scaling a portfolio much more manageable. Having trustworthy property managers and contractors is key, and there’s a solid network here that works well with both out-of-state and new full-time investors. Happy to connect and answer any questions you have!



  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9mo
    Quote from @Donald Montgomery:

    Hello, my name is Donald Montgomery and I'm here to make long life business connections.  I have spent the last 20 years in automobile business and started buying real estate part time. I have recently retire and looking to pursue real estate full time as an investor. Hardest part of running a dealership is finding good and reliable people you can count on, and I'm sure it applies to real estate as well. Excited to be part of this community and can't wait to work with some of you. My main focus is in Ohio and PA. looking for PM's and GC's.


    Hi Donald, happy to help you with my connections in Ohio. Feel free to reach out!

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Sam McCormackBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cincinnati, OH/NKY · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 833 votes
    9mo
    Quote from @Donald Montgomery:

    Hello, my name is Donald Montgomery and I'm here to make long life business connections.  I have spent the last 20 years in automobile business and started buying real estate part time. I have recently retire and looking to pursue real estate full time as an investor. Hardest part of running a dealership is finding good and reliable people you can count on, and I'm sure it applies to real estate as well. Excited to be part of this community and can't wait to work with some of you. My main focus is in Ohio and PA. looking for PM's and GC's.


     Happy to connect about Greater Cincinnati. Shoot me a message if interested

    Sam McCormack Realtor
    View Page
  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    9mo
    Quote from @Donald Montgomery:

    Hello, my name is Donald Montgomery and I'm here to make long life business connections.  I have spent the last 20 years in automobile business and started buying real estate part time. I have recently retire and looking to pursue real estate full time as an investor. Hardest part of running a dealership is finding good and reliable people you can count on, and I'm sure it applies to real estate as well. Excited to be part of this community and can't wait to work with some of you. My main focus is in Ohio and PA. looking for PM's and GC's.


     Welcome! I own 100+ units in Ohio. Happy to connect

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.