New to BP and REI in Chattanooga, TN

New to BP and REI in Chattanooga, TN

Investor & Wholesaler · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 14 votes

Hey,

     My name is Luke Holcomb. I have been in the construction industry since 2005. I started my own company in 2008. I have been through a couple of manifestations/brands and just sold the last one in September of this year (2014). I am 100% into getting into realestate. I have been listening to BP podcast for the last month like my life depends on it. I can't get enough. I have really been digging into episodes 81 and 91, but am interested in it all.

     The Proceeds I got from my company isn't enough to outright by most houses, so my plan is to start marketing and wholesaling to build up cash to get to that place. I hope to start with assignment contracts and move to just buying properties out right. I have my life and income streams structured where I don't need the money to live off of (with about 20-30 hrs a week going to other things). So I am very excited at the possibility of taking the money I do have and getting it to turn into more money via real-estate. I am a sponge and am very excited to learn from most anyone.

    I am looking for a mentor type person in my area to get on with to learn from. I can bird dog deals and run numbers. Math is one of my strengths and I like doing it...

Hope this helps you guys get to know me!

I look to be adding more to my profile in the next week or so, sorry it's sparse at the moment.

Thanks,

     -Luke

1Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jimmy MoncriefPro Member
    Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2010 · 319 posts · 100 votes
    11y

    @Luke Holcomb welcome to BP!

    Is your long-term strategy buy-and-hold?

    If so, why not just put some money down and leverage the rest?

    I'm free to do lunch next week if you are north of the river.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2011 · 82 posts · 51 votes
    11y
    Call me I have some ideas and would be glad to help. 423-364-0028.
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP community @Luke Holcomb  It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Investor & Wholesaler · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 14 votes
    11y
    Thanks so much guys! Thomas, I will call tomorrow. Jimmy I want to eventually get to buy and hold. I am interested in using the cash I have now to build more working capital. So, wholesale, fix and flip are more of a means to an end... I do have a personality that likes to keep working on something so only passive income will most likely never be part of my life...
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.