Real Estate Newbie from New Jersey Passaic County

Real Estate Newbie from New Jersey Passaic County

Haledon, NJ · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello,

I am an aspiring real estate investor/wholesaler from the Paterson, NJ area. I currently hold my NJ RE License (in Referral status now). I am in the beginning stages of my wholesale company right now (Full time). I am 22 & have been interested in Real Estate Investing since 16. I am looking to acquire capital at first by Wholesaling, then transition to Fix & Flip in Paterson & Newark NJ area. Would then like to move onto acquiring Commercial Multi Family 25+ units in Atlanta, GA or Southern Florida area, to build wealth.

My goals with using BiggerPockets would be to connect with like minded people locally in NJ/NYC to exchange advice & make friends. I'm going to be attending as many REIA clubs as possible. See you guys around!

Thanks for the great site & awesome community BP,

Wayne Chappel Jr.

1Reply
32 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlantic County, NJ · Member since 2012 · 514 posts · 209 votes
    11y

    Welcome aboard! Getting your license is a great way to give yourself a head start in wholesaling. Not necessary but gives you more information and access.

    Natedog

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets!

    You are in the right place. This is a great site because there are tons of different "Strategies". We are buy and hold, others are wholesalers, bird dog, flippers etc. Look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Don't hesitate to reach out and contact people in the field that you are interested in. Many of us including myself talk about their business models, niche and other helpful info on their website. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Military, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away.

    Look forward to seeing you around! PM me if I can help! :)

  • Haledon, NJ · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @Elizabeth Colegrove Thanks for the welcoming guys.

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Wayne Chappel  Congratulations and welcome to the community. I am a NJ guy as well, just happen to be living in Los Angeles. I invest primarily in NJ, and I started as you did, by getting my NJ RE license (currently in referral status). My RE license has definitely given me an advantage and I hope you do the same. You should be well on your way if you plan on using BP as a tool. Be active! Read blogs, join meetups, ask as many questions as you can... and please do a podcast marathon. Good luck!

    PS - If you come across any great North Jersey wholesale deals... hit me up! Thanks.

  • Real Estate Agent · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Wayne Chappel.  I'm a NJ agent and wholesaler and I agree with the majority that it definitely is a plus to have a license.  Not necessary, but it is a plus.  All the best to you and looking forward to connecting.  

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Wayne Chappel !

  • House Flipper · East Stroudsburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 205 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the BP family.  You should use the key word tool for meetings.  There are ones held in NYC and Summit, NJ, both in your backyard.  You will certainly make the contacts you want at these meetings.  Meanwhile, explore the dashboard there is tons of valuable information available to assist you on your journey.  Again, welcome aboard.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    11y

    Hey @Wayne Chappel welcome to BP!

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Cranford, NJ · Member since 2012 · 303 posts · 153 votes
    11y

    @Wayne Chappel 

    I invest in Newark, and caution you that there are lots of extra challenges in urban towns that you dont face in nicer areas. Define your current strategy based on capital constraints, and also set some long term goals to work towards. 

    If you have any deals in Newark let me know

    Good Luck

  • Real Estate Consultant · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome @Wayne Chappel - I echo Steve's advice. Newark is challenging but doable and profitable. Feel free to reach out for help as I am in your neck of the woods on a daily basis. Take care.

  • Haledon, NJ · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thank you everyone for the support, I will surely reach out to you guys when these deals come my way.

    Hope everyone is doing well & conquers Monday!

    @Victor Chambers @Jon Huber @Ibrahim Hughes @Steve Wilcox @Dave Visaya @Frankie Woods 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP community @Wayne Chappel  It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. 

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Steve Wilcox Hi steve im new investor in newark closing. On a deal ina couple days what advice can you give me?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.