New Member and Investor from Orlando, Florida.

New Member and Investor from Orlando, Florida.

Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hi All,

My name is Matthew Gilbert. While I'm new to actually investing in real estate, I've been reading books and listening to audio programs on investing for years. I've only found Bigger Pockets a week ago and I've already learned so much.

I graduated law school a year ago and have been looking for a job in the legal field since. I've now started looking at real estate investing as another source of income while I look for a legal job. I've looked a 30 - 50 properties in the last week and found one that the numbers work really well on and I'm looking to make an offer sometime next week.

Feel free to ask any questions and any words of wisdom are always appreciated.

1Reply
20 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Brevard County, FL · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Welcome Matt. BP is the greatest site for real estate investors. I read your bio page. There is a great podcast on multifamily investing. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Matthew Gilbert 

    welcome to the site.

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Matthew Gilbert

    Welcome to the community! Now get active. Read blogs, post questions, and I always suggest a podcast marathon. Good luck out there!

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Matthew Gilbert !

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets!

    You came to the right place as there is tons of wealth and knowledge! We are buy and hold investors in single family homes. Specifically in class A investments so we can self manage while working full time. Being in between career positions is a great time to set up your foundation in real estate. I was recently out of work due to my husbands job transfer. It was an amazing opportunity to focus on our investments and put all the practices in place. It has allowed it to go more smoothe once I have gone back to work.

    You will love the diverse community and all the resources. There are tons of methods and niches with everyone having different specialities. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

    Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! 

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I've watched a bunch of videos on the BP Youtube page and listened to many podcasts and read a lot of posts already, I have learned so much. I'm so happy I found this website that when looking at properties for my first deal I figure in a Pro membership in the expenses. 

  • Real Estate Broker and Investor · Windermere, FL · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Good Morning Matthew,

    Welcome! Good luck with your first opportunity.

    Mark Johnston

    Generous Investment Properties

    4077047653

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Matthew Gilbert welcome to the site! It's great to have you.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2013 · 494 posts · 142 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP, @Matthew Gilbert !

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.