Hello from Missouri. I'm new and learning a lot on biggerpockets!

Hello from Missouri. I'm new and learning a lot on biggerpockets!

Willard, MO · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I'm a teacher in Springfield Missouri. I have recently took over management of some rental property for my parents who are elderly. What can I say....I'm hooked. Any advice would be great. I did find an investor group and I will attend my first meeting on Tuesday.  

1Reply
10 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP, Kristi! Small world, teaching in the R-12!

    Best of luck !  :)

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Kristi Gaffery 

    welcome to the site.

  • Wholesaler · Arnold, MO · Member since 2013 · 348 posts · 183 votes
    11y

    @Kristi Gaffery 

    Welcome to BP, fellow Missourian. Springfield is a great town! One question, Missouri or Missourah?

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets!

    You found the place to be! You will find no better place to build a solid platform than bigger pockets. The one thing we all agree up on is that we invest in real estate. Beyond that everyone has a different niche and we love to talk about it!

    We are buy and hold investors who invest in class A properties self-managing from a distance while working full time. So we do work on furthering our careers. We live very frugally allowing us to live off of one income and save the other. We have further our career and used the W2 income to leverage our real estate portfolio.

    I manage 4 properties for my parents! I agree real estate is addicting. Make sure you have a POA and everything is set so you can manage if something happens. That is my 2015-2016 to make sure that everything is assumed easily in the case they are incompasitated or no long with us.

    I highly recommend you also check out- the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. As many of us have created resources around our niche (websites, blogs, etc) so checking out the signature is a great to get more information. Make sure you don't miss out on networking is by filling out your signature, profile and pming people with questions.

    I look forward to seeing you around! Pm me if I can help!!

  • Peter MacKercherBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
    11y

    Welcome!!! I'm a hop skip and a jump away from you if you need anything. 

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Kristi Gaffery

    Welcome to the community! BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you, but it is only available if you seek it out. Be sure to be as active and engaging as possible. Read blogs, post questions, and the podcasts are gold! The best free education you can get. Good luck!

  • William B.Pro Member
    Realtor · Eureka, MO · Member since 2010 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi Kristi!

    Welcome to BP!  I actually went to Missouri State and live in St. Louis now.  Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.  Just like others have said, the forums are incredible here.  Just about any question you might have has been answered.  If not, ask it!  I spent a lot of time on the site when I first started investing.  

    Oh, and GO BEARS!  

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 804 posts · 230 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the greatest real estate site on earth.  Welcome to BP.

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2011 · 833 posts · 499 votes
    11y

    @Kristi Gaffery 

    Welcome!  Real Estate Investing can be very addictive.

    If you haven't already, check out the Ultimate Beginners Guide:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Also, check out these guides on How to rent your house & Tenant Screening:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/01/04...

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/01/27...

    This will teach you how to get the most out of BP:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    So glad you're here Kristi, feel free to reach out anytime!

  • Investor · Madison, MS · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Welcome!

    You're attending an investor group meeting on Tuesday? The only one I know of meets on Thursday of this week. It's a pretty large and good group. http://www.reinvestorgroup.com/

    Hope to see you there!

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP!  There are several fellow MO/IL investors who frequent this site.  I wish you the best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.