New investor and BP member in Seattle!

New investor and BP member in Seattle!

Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 4 votes

Hi everyone,

I'm new to investing and the BP forum but I'm really excited about rehab! By day I'm an attorney and by night I've been getting educated and ramping up systems. I've done a whole house gut renovation that earned a 4-star Built Green certification, and I'm looking to buy and rehab, wholesale, and eventually buy and hold some properties, using green building practices where it makes sense. 

I have professional experience in brand management, project management, and marketing, skill sets that are serving me well in this new venture.

I'll look forward to meeting you and participating in the forum.

Cheers,

--Michael

2Reply
4 views

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 515 votes
    11y

    @Michael B. welcome to BP!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Michael B. welcome to the site.

    It is always good to have another attorney around. What type of law do you typically practice?

  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 427 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP!  I am a Seattle-based investor and broker.  Great to meet another BP member from Seattle!

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the welcome! I practice disability law--not terribly pertinent. But I've been enjoying digging into the legal aspects of RE.

  • Real Estate Investor · N. Charleston, SC · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Michael B. 

    Welcome to BP!!

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Thank you! Nice to connect with more women investors.

  • Rental Property Investor · Coupeville, WA · Member since 2011 · 135 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    Welcome, Michael! I am an active Seattle area investor with current ownership of multi-family, office, retail, SFR, and land. Sounds like you have a good plan to build your portfolio. Hopefully meet you at one of the local RE investor meetings as well.

    Best Regards,

    Scott Price

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Michael B. 

    Hello and welcome to BP.  It has been awhile, but I lived in Seattle and area for 21 years.  It is a great city.  I like that you did a Green Build, as green living and sustainability have long been a keen interest of mine.  Keep up the good work.

  • Investor · Fall River, MA · Member since 2014 · 399 posts · 300 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Michael B. I like that strategy! Flip to build capital and then return that capitol into a buy an hold strategy for long term growth! Keep moving towards your goals and this is the place to be!

  • Brandon KellyPro Member
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Michael B...   ..I, too, am a Seattle RE investor, with the same strategy...    ...flip to gain the capital in order to purchase holds.

    One question I have for you (and the attached commenters that have the same approach)...   ...do you have your mind set on a certain type/cost/area of rental you're looking to buy?  Or, like someone I met recently, do you plan to buy whatever rental you can acquire with the funds you made after 2 (or 3, or 4, or whatever) flips?  Their goal was to do 3 flips, and buy a rental with that capital.  I found it interesting, because it expanded the portfolio on a regular basis, but the quality of rental could fluctuate greatly (depending on the capital acquired).

    Anyways, just tossing it out there.

  • Michele FischerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Michael, welcome to BiggerPockets and to real estate investing!  I'm a few hours south of you, but Seattle is my favorite place to be and I hope to live there again someday.  

    I take it your name is pronounced Michelle?  

    Be sure to set up some key word alerts to get notified of topics and geographies that interest you.

  • Paul TschetterPro Member
    Lender · Freeland, WA · Member since 2012 · 103 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    Welcome!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 87 posts · 39 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Thanks, all. My name is pronounced the usual way Michael is, a la Michael Learned (the actor who played the mother on the Waltons).

    I'll be at the next REAPS member meeting in Feb. If you're there, I'll have my "new member" badge on.

  • Rental Property Investor · Yorba Linda, CA · Member since 2012 · 336 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    @Michael B. 

    Welcome fellow Bigger Pockets member! This is a great forum and I am sure it will help you learn many facets of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first investment property over 40 years ago and only wish that I had a resource likeBP community when I got started! So you are in a good company.

    Some say that your net-worth equals your network, and this is the place to make right connections. You should also find investors locally and network with them face-to-face. Find people close to you using MEET feature. Also, look for investor meetings on Meetup.

    All the best!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.