Angel Rosado
  • Bronx, NY
Votes |
New Wannabe Investor from New York City

Angel Rosado
  • Bronx, NY
Posted Mar 13 2015, 17:22

Hi all,

It is a true pleasure to finally have my first post on BP.  I have been going back and forth and hesitating on when putting up my first post but as written in The Ultimate Beginners Guide "I never worry about action, but only inaction" is a rule that I want to learn and live by.  I was also inspired by watching some HGTV programs on Netflix last night and I really think this may be a field that interest me, I know TV is nothing like real life.

I was also encouraged by Episode 113 of the BP Podcast which I have heard about 3 times and was only published yesterday and I was given a gleam of hope that I may be able to one day become a successful investor. It is difficult to see myself succeed in this field as I am creating a lot of imaginary walls. I have never owned any property, have lived my younger years in a tiny apartment and just recently move with my wife and son to a nice 850 sq foot apartment in the Bronx. With that being said I know absolutely nothing about owning property but am doing my best to soak up as much information as possible. Reading the Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing, listening to as many podcast as possible (at 1.5x speed=Lifehack, thanks BP), reading through the forums, and currently creating a must read book which include The Millionaire Real Estate Investor and FLIP. In the future, I am also planning to attend events for local REI events in my area. Due to my lack of experience in Real Estate, I do not know if I want to move into buy and hold, flipping, or wholesaling. I have been researching enough to know that the New York City market is a tough one and I am not sure how I am planning to build my wealth yet but I have a strong commitment to do it through Real Estate. Another hurdle that I am running into is the lack of capital, raising a family in NYC is not cheap.

Current Position and Experience

I am an accountant who works for a major utility company in New York preparing Financial Statements that are filed with the SEC.  Although my background is in accounting, the only experience I have with tax law is one college course.  I do enjoy working with my hands and using tools (I guess this just makes me man *thumps on chest*), I have volunteered at Habitat for Humanity and 8 hours always seems like 1 hour.

Goals

I want to reach a point where I can have positive cash flow and leave the chain that is currently attaches my ankle to my cubicle.  Growing up I have always wanted to travel and have yet to leave North America and am hoping that through investing I can attain these new opportunities.  I want to be involved in the American system that provides living accommodations to those who are looking for it.  I am looking to network with professionals who would be willing to accept some labor for some of there knowledge and experience.

Any advice and guidance is completely welcome!

Loading replies...