Has anyone in this Forum EVER had a Trouble

Has anyone in this Forum EVER had a Trouble

Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hi Forum,

I am New to the BP Family and I see that everyone on this site appears to be very friendly and willing to share information, unlike a lot of others I've been a part of. Being that I am new and I have read a lot of the profiles of some of you and I have read a lot of the Forum Topics and followed the thread of responses. I see there are a lot of Newbies to the Investment world on the Forum, so is it possible for some of you to really get transparent and share of your horror stories and set backs with us so we can get a better overview of what really happens in this industry. 

Example: Foreclosed on, or in foreclosure, Negative Cash Flow, High Turnover, Vacancies, Vandalism, Tenant Skip, Your Credit gets Ruined because of Tenant non-pay. Most importantly, not being able to earn additional passive income streams other than the $10, $20, $30, or $100 mentioned in some of the other Forums I read, almost Pyramid-Like.

Let's make it interesting, I want to know if any of you all can show me ways of earning an additional $100,000, plus, a year on a real estate portfolio of $2,000,000 net equity, without me selling or borrowing against it?

0Reply
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 313 posts · 181 votes
11y

Ok Steve,

you are obviously trying to lead this thread down some specific path.  Your profile seems to show you know the answer.  Your not looking for advice,  you are trying to set the stage for your strategy that will blow our minds.  Unless I'm reading your profile incorrectly...

"I am a real estate investor, have built over 100 houses, developed 2 sub divisions and have an awesome opportunity for some investors who want to make some "serious" money without selling your property. I am currently looking to team up with some property owners and share a strategy with you that will BLOW YOUR MINDS!!! GUARANTEED!"

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 605 posts · 103 votes
    11y

    @Steve NA

     Welcome to BP! This is a really collaborative environment. Please reach out with any questions if we can help you.

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks Anil.

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Seems as if no one can or is willing to help or answer>

    Any Suggestions??

  • Investor/Accountant/Builder · Meno, OK · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 918 votes
    11y

    just raise your rents. As long as the demand is there, the rent increase is straight cash to you. 

    You didn't say what your total gross rental income was. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Rent is maxed out already!

    Looking for additional Income over and above the rent>

    Any suggestions?

  • Investor/Accountant/Builder · Meno, OK · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 918 votes
    11y

    what is the total value of your properties?

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    $3.5M Value

    $1.5M Loan

    $2.0M Equity

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    11y

    You haven't even said what this is.

    Office, Retail, Industrial, Multifamily, Hotel??

  • Investor/Accountant/Builder · Meno, OK · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 918 votes
    11y

    self insure a sizable portion of your property insurance.

    Self manage your properties

    Upsell your properties - add other options to the rent. Such as cable, apt cleaning, 

    Increase late fees.

    Rent is the driver.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2009 · 566 posts · 274 votes
    11y

    @Steve Steve

    Please clarify property type and what your goal is?  The post is somewhat confusing.  

    Are you trying to generate 100k in cash flow from your 2MM in equity?  Well that's a 5% return on equity and shouldn't be difficult to do.  If your current portfolio isn't providing that I hope it's an institutional, brand new, class A piece of real estate with Google in it signed for 50 years (or your debt is out of wack).  How about your interest rate/terms?  Can you refinance your debt for more favorable rate/terms?   

    Or are you trying to add an additional 100k in cash flow to your current portfolio?  Clearly giving all the details will help BP answer the question.  

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Residential, Multi Family, Commercial, (NO HOTEL)

    Currently Self Managed

    Haven't thought of Self Insuring, have to look into that one.

    However, what you are saying is that basically, it's RENT, and some small income on other small convenient options. But if my rents are maxed out, then there is very little additional passive income available, without borrowing or selling.

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I clearly stated ADDITIONAL $100K without borrowing or selling

  • Investor · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 313 posts · 181 votes
    11y

    Ok Steve,

    you are obviously trying to lead this thread down some specific path.  Your profile seems to show you know the answer.  Your not looking for advice,  you are trying to set the stage for your strategy that will blow our minds.  Unless I'm reading your profile incorrectly...

    "I am a real estate investor, have built over 100 houses, developed 2 sub divisions and have an awesome opportunity for some investors who want to make some "serious" money without selling your property. I am currently looking to team up with some property owners and share a strategy with you that will BLOW YOUR MINDS!!! GUARANTEED!"

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Steve NA

      obviously your intelligent enough to amass your portfolio.. and if your not willing to sell it or borrow against it. I don't really get what your asking these questions for .. the only thing you can do is lower expense and raise revenue and if you have max revenue  then really what is it your hoping the people on bp are going to tell you..

    seems odd to me.

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    my profile is corect, but I am simply trying to earn additional income.

    My strategy was and still to acquire new properties, however, I am looking to earn additional income.

    My strategy of partnering with BP Family, is to create WEALTH. We can ALL get there together if we shall info. I can ACQUIRE more properties by partnering with you all earning equity and building wealth. I am not afraid to invest in the ENTIRE US with a like minded investor. But,  I posed the question for one reason. (Additional Income ONLY).

    I have successfully built a strong portfolio but I am not smart enough to figure out how to earn an addition 6 figures on my current portfolio without borrowing or selling. I was hoping one of you guys could help me. Letting you know upfront I have maxed out the rent and the miscellaneous fees.

  • Investor · Bettendorf, IA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    11y
    I suppose you could stop screening out all those arsonists and start collecting on those insurance policies.
  • Investor · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 313 posts · 181 votes
    11y

    Al Williamson was giving away a book a couple days ago in the marketplace;  "40 Ways to increase the net Income of your Rental Property".

    I don't think it's free anymore, but you might want to check it out. It might blow your mind

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks guys,

    I was just hoping to gain some strategies for additional income. I RESPECT all of you all and want you to know, I appreciate your responses tonight. I was hoping you all knew the next "FACEBOOK" of Real Estate Investment pertaining Increased Income, and I could capitalize on it. Sorry if I offended anyone.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Steve NA:

    Residential, Multi Family, Commercial, (NO HOTEL)

    Currently Self Managed

    Haven't thought of Self Insuring, have to look into that one.

    However, what you are saying is that basically, it's RENT, and some small income on other small convenient options. But if my rents are maxed out, then there is very little additional passive income available, without borrowing or selling.

     Not to beat a dead horse, but if you are looking for viable information to help increase your bottom line you need to provide more details if you are looking for help?  Do you have a single sfh in Ohio, a small mixed-use building in Kansas?

    You state that you have maxed out your rents, but we don't know what area, tenant class or kind of businesses you are renting too. Increasing your bottom line on a SFH is different than MFH or even retail space.

    Other members have attempted to get information out of you, but you continue to be vague and post little to get help.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Steve NA

     Welcome aboard. I like your discussion. Yep, I just wrote a book on the topic of ancillary income. It encourages you to think of profit centers within 12 different categories: broadcasting, transportation, energy, hospitality, fees & commissions, land use, finance, storage, etc.

    The opportunities are endless.  There are way more than 12 categories!

    For your situation, I suggest you look closely at photovoltaic solar power. You may be able to create cheap electricity and sell it to your tenants at discounted (but still profitable) rate.

    If your tenants use electricity, then you have an opportunity to make additional income - $100K - sure - easy.

    Hope that helps.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2009 · 566 posts · 274 votes
    11y

    @Al Williamson

    It was my understanding that a lot of solar incentives have disappeared.  What's the typical payback on let's say a 100 unit complex (tenant paid electric except water heater/furnace) where you offer electric to the tenants?   

  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 916 posts · 190 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Steve NA

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Chris Winterhalter yes, incentives are going away because solar is making increasing sense without them. The price per kilowatt hour continues to drop and efficiencies continue to climb. @Kevin Dickson is my go-to guy for current residential solar stuff.

    My contacts at UC Berkeley give me commercial guidance.

    Anyway, it's tough to be hypothetical, but I can outline the steps:

    1. Have your local solar installer/consultant give you a quote for your potential saving at your specific location.

    2. If savings is sizable and attractive for your business, then contact a Shark Meter rep and have them connect you with a consultant that can install their meters to measure the amount of electricity your tenant consumes. Measure between the utility's smart meter and your tenants subpanel. These Shark Meters can be read via internet, so you can have a virtual assist bill your tenants.

    3. Calc the breakeven and pull the trigger.

  • SFR Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 184 posts · 55 votes
    11y

    I still want my mind blown

  • Investor · Lansing, MI · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    My mind would be blown if "Steve NA" ever uploaded a profile picture, posted in another forum or gave us his email address...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.