New member from Washington

15 Replies

I have been in the auto industry since 2003. During that time I have owned a couple rental properties which I have since sold. I am looking to get back into investing in the upcoming years and would like to get into multi family.

@Shaune Pilcher - Welcome to BP and the Puget Sound-area real estate investment community. What areas are you interested in investing in? 

There are a number of north-end community members if you're looking to start making connections, there is also a BP meet-up happening on the 31st down in the Tacoma area if you can make it down there and Bellevue/East-side meet-up happening the first week of September.

@Alex Chin My last two rentals were local so I think I'd like to stay local again.  Probably in the Oak Harbor, Anacortes, Burlington, or Bellingham areas.  I am still in the beginning research stages so nothing is set in stone there.

Do the meets happen monthly?  What time and what day do they normally occur.  I won't be able to make it on the last day of the month as this is the busiest day for us in the car business and I'm usually here till at least 9 pm.

Do you know of any meets up this way in Skagit or Whatcom county?

@Shaune Pilcher hi!  and thanks @Aaron Ramm for the shout out :)

as far as real estate netwroking goes up north towards Bellingham, is it very WEAK. there was a Bellingham REIA loosely associated with the national REIA, but they collapsed earlier this year.

i've heard rumours of something being formed but nothing more. so as of right now, your best bet might be the actual REIA which meets in Everett and Bellevue (mostly Bellevue). but things change quickly, and i think i might even start up my own meetup within a short while.

@Shaune Pilcher - As far as I know, and @Troy Fisher can corroborate, the Eastside/Bellevue meet up happens once a month on the first...Friday I think. The South Sound meet-up is the week afterwards I believe.

I do not yet know of any regularly scheduled meet-up in the areas you're talking about...I believe though, that @Kat Rogers , @Timothy Daniels , and @Scott Price all operate out of the Oak Harbor/Burlington region. @Doug M. is out of Everett, might be worthwhile to touch base with him as well.

Welcome Shaune!

Thanks @Alex Chin.

Shaune, I am in Anacortes and focus on Island, Skagit and N. SnoCo.  

I have a rehab duplex available, like NOW, in Anacortes in a great location with a nice view.  Needs lots of work.

Working on others as well.

Will shoot you a message.

@Patrick Britton, would love a meetup up here!

@Alex Chin - You are birddogging all of the new members!  Thanks for for keeping up the mentions!  I think I owe you a beer at the next meetup!  The Eastside meetup has been either thur/friday of the first week of the month.  

@Kevin C. is hosting the South End PacificNW Real Estate Meetup, and looks like it is going to be on Monday the 31st of August.  Down in Lakewood.

I'm not aware of anything north of Everett.  But I think it's a good idea!  

Originally posted by @Kat Rogers :

Welcome Shaune!

Thanks @Alex Chin.

Shaune, I am in Anacortes and focus on Island, Skagit and N. SnoCo.  

I have a rehab duplex available, like NOW, in Anacortes in a great location with a nice view.  Needs lots of work.

Working on others as well.

Will shoot you a message.

@Patrick Britton, would love a meetup up here!

 Kat!  Nice to see you around!

Originally posted by @Troy Fisher :

@Alex Chin - You are birddogging all of the new members!  Thanks for for keeping up the mentions!  I think I owe you a beer at the next meetup!  The Eastside meetup has been either thur/friday of the first week of the month.

I'm not aware of anything north of Everett.  But I think it's a good idea!  

 Hahaha. It's the keyword alerts that I have set up to keep me up to date as new members get into the area. I actually don't drink much at all really, so no worries on that beer, always glad to have some good conversation though.

Speaking of which...I need to send Kevin a colleague request.

@Troy Fisher,  I'll take @Alex Chin s beer!

@Shane Pilcher, it's nice to meet you.   I'm out on San Juan Island, looking around Anacortes,  Oak Harbor, Mt. Vernon,  and Burlington.   Would love to meet up sometime

Originally posted by @Shaune Pilcher :

I have been in the auto industry since 2003. During that time I have owned a couple rental properties which I have since sold. I am looking to get back into investing in the upcoming years and would like to get into multi family.

 Shaune - 

Welcome, and contact me anytime. I have a lot of Snohomish data I am willing to share. Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you