New to BP (Orlando, Daytona Beach, Naples, Estero, FL)

New to BP (Orlando, Daytona Beach, Naples, Estero, FL)

Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes

What's going on BP community? 

I've just jumped into the BP world and it looks like there's some great people here. 

I'm looking to invest in multifamily properties, like many here. The markets I'm interested on are Central Florida (Orlando and outskirts), Daytona Beach, New Smyrna, Naples, and Estero. 

Why am I here? 

I've been busy in the aviation world. I like new challenges and a chase. Real estate will continue to build upon my skills so I'll continue to be an asset in the various industries I'm in. It's the foundational knowledge of the products and processes that are different. When you apply skills in various industries you bring a differentiated mindset. You'll be able to think outside of the box more appropriately. 

Another reason why I'm here is I want to diversify my revenue streams. 

Both of these reasons have lead me to real estate. I've bought properties in the past and I've also negotiated large aircraft purchases so I'm not new to the "deals" game. 

If you're looking for a partner, a go getter, a business mind, someone who has been there and done that in another industry, I'd love to connect. 

What I'm looking for:

I want to start small to get my feet wet on a few deals. 10 units and under or even a triplex. I prefer not to shop on realtor.com, Loopnet, etc.. So if you're a realtor in my markets, let's talk. 

Also, let's grab a beer (or coffee if you don't drink) ;). 

I'm also looking to connect with realtors, deal partners, lenders, A+ property managers, general contractors, and maybe hard money lenders. 

Thanks for this awesome community and I look forward to making some deals happen with the awesome people I see on here. 

Cheers,

0Reply
29 views

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome! You travel a bit in the state. I'm in Cape Coral! Let me know if you want to network down here

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Nate Anglin

    Welcome aboard.

  • Realtor/Vacation Rental Manager · Naples, FL · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    Welcome! I'm a realtor in the Naples area, and I'm new to BP as well. I'm still familiarizing myself with multi-family properties, but I'm sure that myself and fellow BPers can get you connected with the right people. For starters I'll tag a few words to see if I can stir up some local professionals in Southwest Florida / SWFL. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 551 posts · 159 votes
    11y

    @Nate Anglin welcome to the community! I am an investor friendly agent in the Orlando market. Let me know if I can be of any help. 

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Nate Anglin

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Investor · Sheidow Park, South Australia · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Hi Nate

    Welcome to BP, I am very new to BP as well, I have found BP to be very informative and people are very helpful in providing information. I have had some excellent chats. Learning new thing all the time.

    I am an Aussie investor that is also looking to purchase multi family units in Florida and willing to start small. To do this correctly need to work with partners and investor.

    If you wish to connect please email 

  • Curtis YoderPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2014 · 241 posts · 187 votes
    11y

    @Nate Anglin Welcome to BP and good luck to you!

  • Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Curtis Yoder and the same to you. I'm just North of you so if you're ever in this area, give me a shout. 

  • Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thank you very much @John Kent

  • Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Mark Nolan. 

  • Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    g'day mate (@Philip Charlton). I have some in laws that live in Melbourne and I frequently work with several of your airlines, REX being one of them. 

    You come to the U.S. and I go to Australia. ;)

    I'll send you a message so we can connect. 

  • Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Adam Bartomeo Thank you. I was born in Naples, FL and am down there a couple times a quarter. 

  • Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y
  • Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @William Stokes good to hear. How's the Naples market from your realtor perspective? It's rapidly growing but for multi's I can imagine the prices are high due to the demand. If you see any triplex's (or 10 units or under) that need a little TLC, let me know the area and we can chat. 

  • Realtor/Vacation Rental Manager · Naples, FL · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    @Nate Anglin You're right about the prices spiking up due to the demand. Inventory has decreased quite a bit, especially for those MF homes in the $300k and under range. Of those that do come on to the market, they are at the high end of this price point, and they don't stay long because Naples is extremely attractive among the investor market. A lot of international investors take to Naples, and I guess @Philip Charlton is sort of a testament to this, but the deals to be had will come and go quick. I'll definitely keep an eye out and an ear open for you and shoot some possibles your way.

  • Investor · Oviedo, FL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    Welcome Nate!  I'm in Oviedo, not too far from you, and I'd love to get together sometime (coffee for me, beer for my husband) and talk strategy and see how we might be able to help each other in the business!

  • Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thank you @Tina Verstrate. Go Knights! 

    Coffee and beer it is. 

    I'll connect with you on here so we can find a time to meet up. 

  • Aviation Sales · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks @William Stokes. We'll have to jump on them quicker than the Aussies. ;-)

    I know the Miami market is dripping over too and you're seeing a surge in S. American investors aren't you?  

    I'm down there fairly often, let's grab a drink and talk shop. 

  • Investor · Sheidow Park, South Australia · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Gday all 

    @Nate Anglin  Thanks for letting us know you have family in Melbourne It is about 1 hour from Adelaide my home by plane. 

    My Partner and I will be in Florida from 26 to 30 Oct 15, will be based in Fort Lauderdale hope we can organise to meet during this time for that beer you are offering @Tina Verstrate 

    To build a large portfolio we know we need an excellent team of like minded people to help us. I hope we can call on you as well @William Stokes.

    Look forward to connecting soon

  • Realtor/Vacation Rental Manager · Naples, FL · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    @Nate Anglin The Europeans are major investors, but I was surprised when I first caught wind of the South Americans, because you don't hear as much them. Whenever you are down this way again, we'll certainly have to link up. In the mean time i'm going to shoot you a message with my info.

  • Realtor/Vacation Rental Manager · Naples, FL · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    Certainly! @Philip Charlton If you have any interest in Florida's paradise coast, I can surely lead you to some investments here in SWFL that'll be worth your while. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.