Commercial Real Estate Investor from Dallas, Texas

15 Replies

My name is Randall Russell, born and raised outside of Houston, Tx and now reside in Dallas, Texas. Currently investing in Multi-Family property for the purpose of re-positioning.  Historically, I've had a California ral estate sales license, worked as a residential mortgage loan officer, and have tried my luck as a residential appraiser for one year.

Welcome to BP I also live in the north dallas area. 

Sounds like you have lots of great experience! What direction are you moving in now? Are you sticking with mostly commercial? or you plan to go back to residential? How long have you been in the DFW area? 

@Randall Russell

Welcome to the vibrant BP community. Your time here will be well spent.

Now that you have made the move, below are some links that will help you navigate the site. However, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

Lastly, don't forget the podcasts, webinars, #askbp podcast and the blogs.

@Randall Russell

Welcome to the BP family you came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best! 

Hey @Randall Russell

Glad to have you here on the site!

If you are looking for people in your area, try clicking the Network tab at the top of the page. There you can enter your zip code to find other Bigger Pockets members near you.

Hope this helps!

-Kyle

Originally posted by @Lance Wakefield :

Welcome to BP I also live in the north dallas area. 

Sounds like you have lots of great experience! What direction are you moving in now? Are you sticking with mostly commercial? or you plan to go back to residential? How long have you been in the DFW area? 

I've got some experience throughout the years on the residential side, but MF is new to me. I've been blessed with a friend who is assisting me in learning the ropes. MF is what I'm going to tackle for a while. I'll do an occasional SFR deal for when it makes sense, as someone once mentioned "it's like picking money up on the side of the road", but will primarily stay focused on MF. I've lived in DFW for 21 years now.

Originally posted by @Dmitri L. :

welcome to BP!

Would love to hear more about the types of deals you are working on

Dmitri, currently working with a small investment firm that is about to appraise a 110 unit property in Amarillo, Tx later this week.  Company currently holds a portfolio mix of MF and Storage of about $26M throughout Texas.  How about yourself?

Originally posted by @Linval T. :

@Randall Russell

Welcome to the vibrant BP community. Your time here will be well spent.

Now that you have made the move, below are some links that will help you navigate the site.

However, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

Lastly, don't forget the podcasts, webinars, #askbp podcast and the blogs.

Thank you Linval for the great value in your post.  I'll be sure to check out your recommended links.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you