Newbie From New Jersey

10 Replies

I have a Real Estate Investment company in NJ with two partners. I have been in the commercial real estate industry for over 30 years and investing in residential properties for 15. Have done many flips and have rental properties as well. Looking forward to getting to know the BiggerPockets community's.

Hi Steven,

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I discovered BP a while ago but didn't really get involved until recently. I'm sorry I waited so long to "plug in". BP is an awesome resource.

I am a cash flow investor. I have been a landlord since 1982 and I have also flipped a fair numbers of homes over the years.

A couple of years ago I discovered the "paper" side of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first Mortgage Note. I have been actively acquiring Notes for passive cash flow since that time.

I like the the passive nature, the safety and the cash flow that I receive from Performing Mortgage Notes. I still own "brick & mortar" real estate but my end game is to be 100% in paper at some point.

I upgraded to BP Pro & upgraded my profile. Check it out.

Originally posted by @Anastasia G. :

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

What part of NJ are you from?

I am from Wayne, my partners are in South Amboy and South Brunswick. We are looking for investment properties in those regions of New Jersey. I see you are from Bloomfield, are you a wholesaler, flipper what is your line of expertise?

Hey Steve,

Welcome to BP! It's a great community and everyone is very helpful throughout the site. I know you have much experience but we can all learn something new from the vast articles and extensive interactions we have on this site. 

It was a true eye opener when I joined and I'm sure it will be helpful to you too. 

I am a buy and hold investor from the South Brunswick area as well. Let's get together some time. 

Hey @Steven Pescatore , welcome to the community!

I did my first flip earlier this year and this community was super helpful. I work in Englewood and am looking at several opportunities for buy, fix and hold in Jersey City, Bloomfiled as well as others. Let's stay in touch and compare notes, I find its always good to connect with other investors in your region.

Welcome to BP Steven. 

Whether you are brand spanking new or super experienced, the value here is incredible.  At BiggerPockets, you are covered in every single area of Real Estate Investing.

Best of luck!

Steven,

You mentioned one of your partner is from South Brunswick. I am also from the same town.

I would like to know from where I can get information about mortgage note and I would like to purchase for passive income stream.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you