Investor and Manager from Massachusetts

Investor and Manager from Massachusetts

Investor · Agawam, MA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 5 votes

Hi. My name is Mike Beaudry I'm from Western Massachusetts but right on the Connecticut line. I got into real estate in 2000 but became active in 2004 when I started a property management business. Since then I have owned a few other businesses, flipped some houses, owned some residential properties and one commercial building. Most recently I have been involved with a commercial broker working on creative deals. I am looking to start obtaining properties again and remembered this site from a few years ago so I thought now would be a good time to become active. While I consider myself to be experienced I still learn every day from my peers, this website and their podcasts. I look forward to contributing when I can and continue to learn from the experienced people here. 

2Reply
13 views

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Mike Beaudry

    Welcome to the community. Great to have you 

    BiggerPockets
  • Rick SantasierePro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Granby, CT · Member since 2015 · 695 posts · 317 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Mike Beaudry! We are close.  I am a broker in Granby, CT.  Let's touch base some time!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Brewster, MA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Welcome Mike,

    If you ever have an inkling to try investing in a Cape Cod Property, The management team at Keller Williams of Cape Cod and the Islands can mange it for you. You pick the 2 weeks you want to vacation and we'll take care of the rest.

    Cheers!

    Steve

  • Westport, MA · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 56 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Investor · Agawam, MA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Michael S.:

    @Mike Beaudry

    Welcome to the community. Great to have you 

     Thank you, happy to be here.

  • Investor · Agawam, MA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Rick Santasiere:

    Welcome @Mike Beaudry! We are close.  I am a broker in Granby, CT.  Let's touch base some time!!

     Thanks!  I'm actually looking into taking over a friends 6 family in CT.  Lets keep in touch.

  • Investor · Agawam, MA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Steven Baty:

    Welcome Mike,

    If you ever have an inkling to try investing in a Cape Cod Property, The management team at Keller Williams of Cape Cod and the Islands can mange it for you. You pick the 2 weeks you want to vacation and we'll take care of the rest.

    Cheers!

    Steve

     I go to the Cape every year, stay at the Red Jacket.  A few years ago I almost bought a ocean front condo in a complex, decided not to because it was a little run down and had tons of vacancies.  It was cheap though only $40,000.  I know a bunch of people with rentals on the cape. 

  • Investor · Agawam, MA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Matthew Forbes:

    Welcome to BP!

     Thank you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Brewster, MA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    There are quite a few hotel conversions that have been upgraded and run as condotels.  This system would not let me send you my email but if you used your browser and went to stevebaty dot com you would find me

  • Investor · West Suffield, CT · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 42 votes
    10y

    Hi @Mike Beaudry, welcome to the site. I'm in Suffield so we're practically neighbors. There is a Western MA REIA group with a lot of great local investors which meets in the Springfield area. This month's meeting is at Monte Carlo Restaurant: 1020 Memorial Avenue, West Springfield on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM. Come join us if you can.

  • Real Estate Broker · Windsor, CT · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    10y

    @Mike Beaudry welcome to Bp! 

  • Investor · Agawam, MA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Meghan Reed:

    Hi @Mike Beaudry, welcome to the site. I'm in Suffield so we're practically neighbors. There is a Western MA REIA group with a lot of great local investors which meets in the Springfield area. This month's meeting is at Monte Carlo Restaurant: 1020 Memorial Avenue, West Springfield on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM. Come join us if you can.

     Thanks. I might be able to stop by. 

  • Investor · Agawam, MA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Melissa Gittens:

    @Mike Beaudry welcome to Bp! 

     Thanks!

  • Springfield, MA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Hey mike in in the same area, we should network and work on some deals together
  • Investor · Suffield, CT · Member since 2012 · 94 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    @Meghan Reed

    can anyone attend the meeting at Springfield?

  • Investor · Springfield, MA · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 28 votes
    10y

    Yes.  It's informal.

    Tom

  • Investor · West Suffield, CT · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 42 votes
    10y

    Sorry that I'm just seeing this now @Carlos Velasquez.  Yes, anyone can attend.  I hope you made it out.  Unfortunately I actually wasn't able to find care for my son that night so I didn't make it out.  Hopefully I'll see you next month.

  • Investor · Agawam, MA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Just an update to the post I'm looking for property from the UCONN CT area to MA. Keep me in mind. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.