Investor and Manager from Massachusetts

18 Replies

Hi. My name is Mike Beaudry I'm from Western Massachusetts but right on the Connecticut line. I got into real estate in 2000 but became active in 2004 when I started a property management business. Since then I have owned a few other businesses, flipped some houses, owned some residential properties and one commercial building. Most recently I have been involved with a commercial broker working on creative deals. I am looking to start obtaining properties again and remembered this site from a few years ago so I thought now would be a good time to become active. While I consider myself to be experienced I still learn every day from my peers, this website and their podcasts. I look forward to contributing when I can and continue to learn from the experienced people here. 

Welcome Mike,

If you ever have an inkling to try investing in a Cape Cod Property, The management team at Keller Williams of Cape Cod and the Islands can mange it for you. You pick the 2 weeks you want to vacation and we'll take care of the rest.

Cheers!

Steve

Originally posted by @Steven Baty :

Welcome Mike,

If you ever have an inkling to try investing in a Cape Cod Property, The management team at Keller Williams of Cape Cod and the Islands can mange it for you. You pick the 2 weeks you want to vacation and we'll take care of the rest.

Cheers!

Steve

I go to the Cape every year, stay at the Red Jacket.  A few years ago I almost bought a ocean front condo in a complex, decided not to because it was a little run down and had tons of vacancies.  It was cheap though only $40,000.  I know a bunch of people with rentals on the cape. 

There are quite a few hotel conversions that have been upgraded and run as condotels.  This system would not let me send you my email but if you used your browser and went to stevebaty dot com you would find me

Hi @Mike Beaudry , welcome to the site. I'm in Suffield so we're practically neighbors. There is a Western MA REIA group with a lot of great local investors which meets in the Springfield area. This month's meeting is at Monte Carlo Restaurant: 1020 Memorial Avenue, West Springfield on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM. Come join us if you can.

Originally posted by @Meghan Reed :

Hi @Mike Beaudry, welcome to the site. I'm in Suffield so we're practically neighbors. There is a Western MA REIA group with a lot of great local investors which meets in the Springfield area. This month's meeting is at Monte Carlo Restaurant: 1020 Memorial Avenue, West Springfield on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM. Come join us if you can.

Thanks. I might be able to stop by. 

Sorry that I'm just seeing this now @Carlos Velasquez .  Yes, anyone can attend.  I hope you made it out.  Unfortunately I actually wasn't able to find care for my son that night so I didn't make it out.  Hopefully I'll see you next month.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you