Just Moved to Tampa - Will Trade Beer for Knowledge!

Just Moved to Tampa - Will Trade Beer for Knowledge!

Rental Property Investor · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2014 · 44 posts · 12 votes

Hey Everyone,

I just moved to the Tampa area (working at MacDill, living in Riverview) and would love to connect with local investors to meetup in person, compare notes/strategies, and talk market dynamics.  If you feel like meeting up somewhere in or near South Tampa please PM me or add me as a colleague...I'm offering to buy the first round of drinks.  

Also, I'm looking to join a local REIA but there's quite a few around. Anyone have any thoughts on what the best one is?

Things I'm looking for:

1. An investor-friendly agent. Specifically I want someone located in or very close to South Tampa who is an expert in South Tampa. I'm planning to purchase my first BRRRR rehab property in South Tampa in the next two months. I promise not to waste your time.

2. A competent wholesaler. Please PM me if you meet the following criteria: you need to be an expert in the South Tampa market, be honest, only market properties you personally have under contract, know how to estimate ARV, know how to estimate rehab costs, and have a minimum of 10 completed transactions under your belt.

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Jeff CopelandBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Tampa Bay/St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
10y

@Jack Gray - Welcome!

I'd be happy to meet up, and I meet all of your criteria:

1. I'm a fellow local investor.

2. I'm also an investor-friendly realtor.

3. I like beer...especially the free kind.

All joking aside, I'm also a veteran; I work with a lot of military families and was stationed at MacDill as a reservist for five years. I know the area pretty well, and my day job has me in South Tampa daily.

Copeland Morgan LLC4.770 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Peachtree Corners, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome home from the JAC, Jack!

  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    10y

    @Jack Gray There are many great REIAs in the area.  I always suggest people checking them all out and deciding which fits their goals the best.  I personally attend the TBREIA Brandon and South Tampa locations as well at Larry's Monday night, and the creative exchange meeting Thursday morning.

    I look forward to meeting you at one of the meet ups.  

  • Christina CareyPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Dayton, OH · Member since 2010 · 245 posts · 186 votes
    10y

    @Jack Gray There is a networking group that meets in the Tampa/St. Pete area that usually sees about 75 people every Monday evening. Some of the greatest minds in real estate. Last time we were there was about 15 months ago, and they were meeting at the Hibachi Buffet at 7610 49th St. North, Pinellas Park, FL. I'd call the restaurant first to make sure they are still meeting there, but it really is every Monday without fail.

  • Investor · Pinellas Park, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    It's still every Monday at 7 in the conference room

  • Investor · Palm harbor /tarpon springs, FL · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    this Thursday is the St Pete's REAI meeting at the Hooters on John's Pass, I highly recommend going.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Hello,

    @Jack Gray Welcome to Tampa and BP. Bigger Pockets has a lot of resources from books to podcast to contact information.  We look forward to reading your post and wish you the best in your endeavor.

    From Nancy

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 129 posts · 44 votes
    10y

    Hey Jack,

    Welcome to Tampa! Good luck with your search in S. Tampa, It's getting tougher to find the deals in that area.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2014 · 44 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    @Cal C. Thanks man, I'm loving the weather here!  

  • Investor · Peachtree Corners, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jack Gray:

    @Cal C. Thanks man, I'm loving the weather here!  

     I'm sure and I bet you don't miss it being dark at 4 in the afternoon.  

  • Investor · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Originally posted by @Christina Carey:

    @Jack Gray There is a networking group that meets in the Tampa/St. Pete area that usually sees about 75 people every Monday evening. Some of the greatest minds in real estate. Last time we were there was about 15 months ago, and they were meeting at the Hibachi Buffet at 7610 49th St. North, Pinellas Park, FL. I'd call the restaurant first to make sure they are still meeting there, but it really is every Monday without fail.

     Hi,

    My name is Kris and also new at BP and investing in the Tampa area.

    Is anyone from the BP forum actually going to the the meeting at Hibachi Buffet at 7610 49th St. North, Pinellas Park, FL at 7pm every Monday.

    I'm planning on going on February 8th when I'm in Florida.

    Thanks.

  • Investor · Palm harbor /tarpon springs, FL · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    i'm going to the beach Reia meeting tomorrow night at 6:30 at Hooters in John's bass 

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Tampa! I am located in South Tampa and have lived here my entire life. 

    As mentioned above, it is challenging to find deals in the ST area, however there is a networking mixer in South Tampa this evening that would probably be very beneficial to you. A lot of people there focus on the South Tampa market. 

  • Investor · Pinellas Park, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Originally posted by @Kris Geypen:
    Originally posted by @Christina Carey:

    @Jack Gray There is a networking group that meets in the Tampa/St. Pete area that usually sees about 75 people every Monday evening. Some of the greatest minds in real estate. Last time we were there was about 15 months ago, and they were meeting at the Hibachi Buffet at 7610 49th St. North, Pinellas Park, FL. I'd call the restaurant first to make sure they are still meeting there, but it really is every Monday without fail.

     Hi,

    My name is Kris and also new at BP and investing in the Tampa area.

    Is anyone from the BP forum actually going to the the meeting at Hibachi Buffet at 7610 49th St. North, Pinellas Park, FL at 7pm every Monday.

    I'm planning on going on February 8th when I'm in Florida.

    Thanks.

    Yes,  I attend most of the time. It's structured to give everyone an opportunity to pitch their deals and/or needs. Afterwards most of the attendees go a few doors down to socialize. Good group of people.

  • Jeff CopelandBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tampa Bay/St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Jack Gray - Welcome!

    I'd be happy to meet up, and I meet all of your criteria:

    1. I'm a fellow local investor.

    2. I'm also an investor-friendly realtor.

    3. I like beer...especially the free kind.

    All joking aside, I'm also a veteran; I work with a lot of military families and was stationed at MacDill as a reservist for five years. I know the area pretty well, and my day job has me in South Tampa daily.

    Copeland Morgan LLC4.770 Reviews
  • Wholesaler · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 168 posts · 25 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Adrian Smude:

    @Jack Gray There are many great REIAs in the area.  I always suggest people checking them all out and deciding which fits their goals the best.  I personally attend the TBREIA Brandon and South Tampa locations as well at Larry's Monday night, and the creative exchange meeting Thursday morning.

    I look forward to meeting you at one of the meet ups.  

     To piggy back off @Adrian Smude  (like always) I also attend the TBREIA meetings and I wanted to let you know about the big meeting we are having tomorrow Thursday, January 21, 2016 @ 7:00 pm at the Holiday Inn Westshore, 700 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33709. All 4 of the TBREAI groups will be there. This meeting is on your way home (I also live in Riverview by the way) and guess what?... There will be beer!!!!! Hope to see you there. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.