New Member in the Tidewater Virginia Peninsula

New Member in the Tidewater Virginia Peninsula

Newport News, VA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone. My name is Jacqlyn. I am currently in the Principles of Real Estate class to get my Salesperson License. Real Estate as a business is pretty new to me. I currently work full time active duty, but plan to transfer to ANG in three years. Right now I am currently in Virginia and would like to jump into the game now, that way when my family and I move to Chicago I have a bit of knowledge to get myself started in the big city. As a hobby I like to build and flip furniture, but always wanted to learn more carpentry skills to flip homes. I hope that getting my license first will help me bring something to the table when it comes time to find a mentor. As a goal I want to focus on flipping and rehabbing, but am open to all aspects of learning. A personal goal of mine is to flip at least five properties before we move and/or have a few rental properties to start creating cash flow. The local REIA groups around me meet on the day I have my class so as soon as that is over I will be attending the monthly meetings trying to soak up every possible tip I can get my hands on. I look forward to becoming more active in the Bigger Pockets community and meeting like minded people.

0Reply
17 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    @Jacqlyn Stoltenberg Welcome to the BP community! You'll have to reach out as soon as you're in the Chicago market as we do a lot of business finding deals for rehabbers/flippers. I can't recommend enough going through the top "Sticky" posts in the forum categories that you're interested in. For rentals you can find info on the forums Here and for flipping you can find info Here. Hope that helps! Best of luck with your real estate endeavors!!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Jacqlyn Stoltenberg

    Welcome to bigger pockets. Make sure to check out the Bigger Pockets Blog: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

  • Ketchikan, AK · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Check out TRIG and PRIEA
  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    9y

    Hey @Jacqlyn Stoltenberg and welcome to Bigger Pockets! BP has all the information on real estate served up on a silver platter. It is that easy to gain more knowledge and be more skilled when it comes to the real estate industry. At BP, you not only learn how to get deals done correctly, but also have an opportunity to network with other real estate investors and learn from the informative forums posted on BP everyday!

    Congratulations and I wish you lots of success.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.