New Investor in Florida- Multi unit buy and hold

New Investor in Florida- Multi unit buy and hold

Investor · FL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 14 votes

Hi I'm a new investor located in Pembroke Pines Fl but interested in deals in other parts of the state due to high entry cost here. The South Florida market seems rather hard to get into with my budget. I'm looking at Jacksonville Florida primarily. My strategy is for long term wealth, so buy and hold with multi-units is my go-to. 

I'm excited to be apart of this community and I'm looking forwarded to learning and communicating with like minded individuals and potential partners. 

I will be signing up for the Bigger pockets pro today as well. 

Best regards! 

0Reply
14 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 29 votes
    9y

    Hello @James H.,

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It is a great community of experience real estate investors. There is a lot of good information on this website - take your time and check out the tools. I truly value the resources that BP provides.

    If you are looking to purchase MF you might want to research the areas surrounding colleges such as UCF or UF campuses.  These types of properties are common near college campuses: duplex, triplex, and so on.

    Good Luck in your RE journey and keep posting.

  • Real Estate Investor · Fleming Island, FL · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    @James H., Welcome to the BP community!

    Looking forward to see you do great things in the Jacksonville area!!

  • Real Estate Professional · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @James H. - Welcome to BP. I have an office in FLL on Cypress Creek and have a lot of agents covering the area who have some options in Pembroke Pines and surrounding areas. Would you like me to add you to our list for off market properties?

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @James H.

    Welcome to bigger pockets. Make sure to check out the Bigger Pockets Blog: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! Nancy, I like the idea of search near college campuses. We have tons of them in FL. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. 

    James

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Yes Mark C please add me to your list.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.