Greetings and Salutations from Atlanta, GA

Greetings and Salutations from Atlanta, GA

Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes

Hello Everyone, 

I just became a Bigger Pockets Pro member and wanted to introduce myself to the community. 

My name is Nicole, I am located in Roswell Ga and I'm truly so excited to begin this journey of becoming a real estate investor. I have made many attempts to get into REI for a very long time but have managed to talked myself out of it each time. Now I am at a point in my life where retirement is closer than I think and my 401K will not be enough to live on when the time comes. So I've decided to take my first step to financial freedom by joining this forum.

I have been a Project Manager for over 6 years, however, all of my experience has been in the IT arena. I have always wanted to manage renovation/construction projects but it isn't an easy industry to tap into without experience. So, I decided to have my first renovation project be my own investment property and I would love to hear from other PM's that have used their skills to flip houses as well. 

My goal is to have my first investment property by the end of the year and a portfolio of 10 properties by the end of next year. I know that may sound a bit advantageous or maybe not.....for me it will be a HUGE accomplishment if I meet the goal I've set for myself. So I'm learning as much as I can because I don't want to make too many costly mistakes along the way. 

 I hope that by joining this forum I can build some real genuine relationships and learn from some of the best in this field and then pass my knowledge onto someone else. 

Thanks for your time and hope to talk to many of you in the near future.

2Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

@Nicole Campbell

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. A great resources is the webinars section of the website. https://www.biggerpockets.com/proreplay

See this reply in the discussion

44 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Nicole Campbell and @Dwight Johnson I will send you that info this evening to your inbox. Be on the lookout for it.

  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    @Dwight Johnson I would be interested in finding out about the one in NE Georgia because I live in Roswell can you send me that info? 

  • Amy PedersenPro Member
    Realtor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 27 votes
    9y

    Hi all.  I'd be interested in the Marietta Meet-Up too.  I love the Haves & Wants meeting at 5 Seasons/Prado on Thursdays at 1 pm too.  

  • Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thank you @Koritas Jones.

    I will inbox you that info @Nicole Campbell.

  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    @Dwight Johnson thank you!

  • Investor · Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 313 posts · 207 votes
    9y

    Good luck and welcome to investing. There are a lot of opportunities in Atlanta with different ways to success.

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I would like that info as well, new to Atlanta.

  • Lender · Norcross, GA · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    welcome @Nicole Campbell!

    good luck with achieving your goals. Having the passion you display is the first step. You just have to take so much action that you can't help but achieve it.

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Hello! BiggerPockets is an amazing site and great community.

  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    9y
    Stan Sugarman thank you for the warm welcome 😊 Eddie Atkinson I completely agree with you!
  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hi @Nicole (and All),

    I am not sure how having my license has been; I haven't done any deals yet! :-)  A year in, I am still a newbie!

    I got licensed primarily to educate my self on the field of real estate, and have developed an appreciation of the profession as well.

    I would be interested in meetups too.  I haven't gone to any yet in the area. 

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Welcome to BP Nicole Campbell ! I'm also new to investing and have managed to talk myself out of it several times! I'm in Woodstock and work in Marietta. I'm interested in the Marietta meet up. If at all possible Koritas Jones could you send me the information please?
  • Real Estate Agent · Marietta, GA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Welcome to BP! I'd like to offer my expertise as a realtor. If you don't already have one I'd love to help find a good first home for you. Let's connect!
  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    @Amina Porter - I think it's great that you got your license! I was thinking about getting mine as well but that's later down the road. Right now my main focus is to land my first deal. You mentioned that you've been doing research for a year.....can I give you one piece of advice? Jump! ( a word often used by one of my favorite super stars Steve Harvey). I know it's terrifying and I don't know what you're situation is, but if you see any opportunity at all do your due diligence and get in the game. Like I said I've talked myself out of it for too long and I've let years pass me by and now my thought process is what do I have to loose....money, time, my mind.....ok let me rephrase that. What do I have to gain? Financial freedom, peace of mind, time with the ones I love. I am originally from Toronto but my mom and sister live in the US, so I moved to be closer to them. One of the main reasons why the US was so appealing to me however, was because it's the land of opportunity. I have been here for 14 years now and believe me when I tell you it truly is....so go get yours it's waiting for you! I hope I haven't offended you, I just wanted to provide a little pep talk because I think we all need to encourage each other. If I have offended my apologies.... please disregard all that I've said and I wish you the best of luck. 

    I hope this can motivate someone on my thread....I know it did me. Let's get it! :)

  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    @Christian Driver Please inbox me your information and let's connect. Thanks!

  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    For those that have expressed interest in finding a meeting to attend, I've been reading other posts and found this information (please see below). If anyone goes to any of these meetings please let me know how your experience was. I too will be attending one (if not both) and I'll come back with my two cents.  

    There are 2 main groups for networking AtlantaREIA and GAREIA. GAREIA is better for networking but AtlantaREIA is a lot more active. 

    Also...Click on the "community tab" above and scroll down to "Networking Events" then find a REIAin your area.

  • Investor · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2014 · 299 posts · 110 votes
    9y

    Hello to all of you.  I saw the North Fulton area mentioned in here several times along with a meetup.  I host an event on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.  We are meeting on the 13th on the site of an on-going renovation in the Kirkwood area.

    You can find more info on the Events page here:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/38...

    @Nicole Campbell

    @Michael B.

    @William Alamillo

    @Marvin McTaw

  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    @Micah Redden thank you very much for the invitation, unfortunately I work FT and won't be able to attends these meetings.

    Thanks 

    Nicole 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.