New Investor from the Newark Delaware region

New Investor from the Newark Delaware region

Investor · Elkton, MD · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 4 votes

Hey everyone, I'm a new member that's been reading, listening, and learning from Bigger Pockets content for the last few months.  I've lived in or around Newark Delaware most of my life, spending time in Landenberg PA and now live in Elkton MD.  

A partner and I are just getting into real estate investing and we'll be closing on our first property in the Little Italy area of Wilmington soon. We're looking for good investment opportunities in the Newark, Wilmington, northern Delaware, and north east Maryland areas. At the moment we're mostly focused on buy and hold rental properties. In the future I'd love to be able to do some BRRRR deals. We both work good full time jobs and want to use REI as another investment vehicle.

I'd absolutely be interested in learning as much as I can, from as many sources as I can, about the world of REI and the areas we're interested in investing.

Thanks for reading.  I'm hoping to eventually contribute back to this site which has already provided me so much knowledge.

James

4Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Greater Philadelphia Area, PA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 7 votes
9y

@James Thompson  Congrats on potentially closing your first real estate deal!  I live in the Cool Springs area and am in Little Italy fairly frequently.  If you enjoy Mexican food and are in the area you should check out El Toro, authentic and delicious.  

Can you give a little more detail on what type of properties you are looking for? Single or multifamily, EST ROI, cap rate, etc. I have a few off market opportunities that could be interesting to you.

My business partner and I finished a BRRRR deal in Wilmington recently with some success and it is a great strategy if you find the right properties.

  If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.  Feel free to send me a private message as well if you have any interest.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets James and good luck investing!

  • Real Estate Agent · Greater Philadelphia Area, PA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @James Thompson  Congrats on potentially closing your first real estate deal!  I live in the Cool Springs area and am in Little Italy fairly frequently.  If you enjoy Mexican food and are in the area you should check out El Toro, authentic and delicious.  

    Can you give a little more detail on what type of properties you are looking for? Single or multifamily, EST ROI, cap rate, etc. I have a few off market opportunities that could be interesting to you.

    My business partner and I finished a BRRRR deal in Wilmington recently with some success and it is a great strategy if you find the right properties.

      If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.  Feel free to send me a private message as well if you have any interest.

  • Investor · Wilmington, DE · Member since 2015 · 68 posts · 35 votes
    9y

    Hi James,

    Welcome to BP! Congrats on the place in Little Italy. One of my rentals is a SFH in Little Italy- I have been happy with the area and the purchase. If you have any questions about the area, feel free to reach out!

    All the best,

    Glen

  • Investor · Wilmington, DE · Member since 2013 · 394 posts · 123 votes
    9y

    @James Thompson this Tuesday @6:45 @ Christiana Hilton DELREIA meeting. Topic is buying and managing rentals. First visit free. 

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @James Thompson

    You have come to the right place to connect with the wide array of real estate professionals and investors. Make sure to view the Bigger Pockets book store: https://www.biggerpockets.com/store

  • James MasottiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Washington Township, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 976 votes
    9y

    @James Thompson and @Daniel James Welcome to Bigger Pockets and to the Wilmington investment group. Hope you guys have a ton of success and definitely take @Eric Armstrong up on his suggestion to go to the DELREIA meetings, or at least join their Facebook group. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 569 posts · 351 votes
    9y

    Hello! Mr. James Thompson,Welcome to Biggerpockets World is the way for your success.

  • Joseph ScoreseBusiness Member
    Banker · Philadelphia · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 632 votes
    9y

    @

    Delaware Real Estate Investors Group

    4th Tuesday of the Month

    Tuesday, February 28, 2017

    6:30 PM to 8:30 PM

    Trattoria di Napoli 1222 Pulaski Highway, Bear, DE

  • Real Estate Agent · Greater Philadelphia Area, PA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @James Masotti  Thanks for the warm invite.  I already have the DELREIA meeting in my calendar and look forward to attending!

  • Realtor · Mt. Ranier, MD · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    9y
  • NJ · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Joseph Scorese

    Do you still meet in Bear, De at same time?

    Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.