New to Bigger Pockets-Kansas City Metro

New to Bigger Pockets-Kansas City Metro

Independence, MO · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
Hey guys- New to BP, and relatively new to real estate (first deal was a few years ago). I've lived in and flipped one foreclosure for the mandatory 2 year period and came out great. While I was living there on the cheap I bought and renovated a commercial building that houses my actual job (I work in insurance). It's 4 units total (3 commercial, 1 residential). I've learned a ton with my newest property and bought it right with the intention of adding value to the units through renovating and getting rents up to market value... A huge bonus was the residential unit! Having a blast with real estate and looking to network and learn strategies to help me as I move forward in my real estate journey. Will definitely attempt to be as active as I can, where I can, in the forums. Anyone in the Kansas City Metro area looking to network or talk about how you started and where you've made it, would love to hear your stories. Best of luck to everyone! -Austin
1Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tarzana, CA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 5 votes
9y

I'd love to hear more about your endeavors I own a lot of properties in Independence and Kansas City.  Love to talk and swap stories.  I am enjoying this market I live in California

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Veni F.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Los Banos, Laguna · Member since 2017 · 320 posts · 99 votes
    9y

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets family @Austin Conley! I have listed some helpful recommendations for you:

    Meet BiggerPockets member in your area:http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you:http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide:http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Check out BP Podcasts:http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    Find upcoming real estate events: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings

    Forum and Blog rules: https://www.biggerpockets.com/rules

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person.

    Welcome aboard!!!

    BiggerPockets
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Austin Conley, welcome to the site! It's great to have you here. Feel free to ask any questions in the forums. Seeya around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP @Austin Conley

    Feel free to PM me if you have questions and see if we can work together. Best of luck! 

  • Investor · Tarzana, CA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    I'd love to hear more about your endeavors I own a lot of properties in Independence and Kansas City.  Love to talk and swap stories.  I am enjoying this market I live in California

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Austin Conley

    Welcome to the BP family!

    Wishing you the best!

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Austin Conley - welcome from another KC investor named Austin!  

  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    9y

    @Shelley Grossi would love to trade stories with you since we both invest in kc from out of state. 

  • Independence, MO · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Austin Fruechting would love to but you lunch and hear your story. Feel free to shoot me a text or pm me and let me know if you're ever free.
  • Real Estate Investor · Liberty, MO · Member since 2016 · 65 posts · 24 votes
    9y
    Welcome to the journey!
  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Welcome!
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets and good luck investing Austin!

  • Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    You're at the right place.  Happy hunting!

  • Investor · Thousand Oaks, CA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Hi Shelley Gross - I live not far from you in Thousand Oaks and I'm also interested in investing in Kansas City - if you have a good broker to recommend there, please let me know.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.