New Member - Sterling, Virginia (Loudoun County/NOVA)

New Member - Sterling, Virginia (Loudoun County/NOVA)

Accountant · Sterling, VA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 5 votes

Hello All,

My name is Matthew Young and a currently live in Sterling, Virginia. I currently work as a full-time CPA/tax accountant at a firm located in Bethesda, MD (WithumSmith+Brown). I was born and raised in Northern Virginia and went to school in Fredericksburg (VA) and finished a graduate degree through the University of Connecticut's online program.

I've been downloading and listening to the Bigger Pockets podcast and have done some minimal investing with RealtyMogul, but don't yet have any direct experience with real estate investing.  I look forward to continuing to learn and absorb the valuable information both Bigger Pockets and the community have to offer and in turn take steps to start my own investing journey!

Thanks!

Matt Young

3Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
8y

Welcome to BP @Matthew Young. There are many members in the DC area here on BP

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @Matthew Young. There are many members in the DC area here on BP

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @Matthew Young, welcome to the site! It's great to have you here. Feel free to ask any questions in the forums. Seeya around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Cassidy BurnsBusiness Member
    Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 859 posts · 460 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Matthew Young, you will not be disappointed!

  • Rental Property Investor · Upper Marlboro, MD · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Welcome to the site @Matthew Young.

  • Fredericksburg, VA · Member since 2016 · 190 posts · 64 votes
    8y

    Welcome from Stafford, VA.

  • Columbia, MD · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @Matthew Young. I, too, am a CPA and new to REI. I used to work for PwC in Baltimore and am now working for a Real Estate Investment Trust in Columbia. Look forward to talking to you. Hope we can both grow our knowledge and get or first deal done!

  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 142 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    Welcome to the family!

  • Real Estate Agent · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2014 · 184 posts · 78 votes
    8y

    @Matthew Young, Welcome to BP!  

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    8y
    Welcome to BP!!! Good luck with your investment journey and don't hesitate to ask for help.
  • Fairfax, VA · Member since 2016 · 164 posts · 54 votes
    8y
    Welcome to BP Matthew!
  • Real Estate Agent · Stafford, VA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Welcome from Stafford, Virginia!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Largo, FL · Member since 2016 · 92 posts · 52 votes
    8y

    @Matthew Young welcome my friend!  If you're ever in the Charlottesville area, let me know!

    @Patrick Shawn Faherty  my cousins name is Patrick Flaherty.  I don't know why I thought I'd bring up that useless piece of information!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes
    8y

    Great to see so many people in the DMV on here!

  • Saint Charles, MO · Member since 2014 · 102 posts · 32 votes
    8y

    @Matthew Young Welcome! You will find a ton of useful info on this site!

  • Fredericksburg, VA · Member since 2016 · 190 posts · 64 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Cesar Rebolledo:

    @Patrick Shawn Faherty  my cousins name is Patrick Flaherty.  I don't know why I thought I'd bring up that useless piece of information!!

     LOL. No worries.  (And I don't know him ;0 )

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 404 votes
    8y

    Welcome!  I'm new too--about 2 1/2 weeks old, I think.  I find BP to be awesome.  I have learned SO MUCH on here!  I hope you love it as much as I do!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @Matthew Young.  As @Russell Brazil said lots of people from the area here to network with and the greater DC area has lots of investing groups.  Since you work in MD, if you want to invest there Russel B is you man.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.