New Investor in Toledo, Ohio Area

New Investor in Toledo, Ohio Area

Toledo, OH · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hello BiggerPockets!

I have never invested in real estate before, but am looking to jump headfirst into it.  I recently moved to the Toledo, Ohio area after getting married.  I had worked in corporate finance/accounting for the past 10 years, but decided to make a drastic career change and am going to focus exclusively on investing for the foreseeable future.  

My current plan is to build up some additional capital via flipping over the next several years.  The end game is to get into buy and holds, to generate enough passive income to "retire".  I would like to land my first deal by the end of 2017, hopefully partnering with an already successful investor in the area.  I have started taking licensing courses and expect to be licensed by December.

Thanks for reading and I am excited to get to know some more people!

2Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Daniel Lipinski:

Hello BiggerPockets!

I have never invested in real estate before, but am looking to jump headfirst into it.  I recently moved to the Toledo, Ohio area after getting married.  I had worked in corporate finance/accounting for the past 10 years, but decided to make a drastic career change and am going to focus exclusively on investing for the foreseeable future.  

My current plan is to build up some additional capital via flipping over the next several years.  The end game is to get into buy and holds, to generate enough passive income to "retire".  I would like to land my first deal by the end of 2017, hopefully partnering with an already successful investor in the area.  I have started taking licensing courses and expect to be licensed by December.

Thanks for reading and I am excited to get to know some more people!

Welcome to the forum Daniel,

After completing hundreds of deals in Toledo I can say that it truly is one of the best "bang for your buck" type markets nationwide

Feel free to stop by our office sometime

We are on Sylvania Ave and not too fare from El Camino

Thanks and have a great day

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Lipinski:

    Hello BiggerPockets!

    I have never invested in real estate before, but am looking to jump headfirst into it.  I recently moved to the Toledo, Ohio area after getting married.  I had worked in corporate finance/accounting for the past 10 years, but decided to make a drastic career change and am going to focus exclusively on investing for the foreseeable future.  

    My current plan is to build up some additional capital via flipping over the next several years.  The end game is to get into buy and holds, to generate enough passive income to "retire".  I would like to land my first deal by the end of 2017, hopefully partnering with an already successful investor in the area.  I have started taking licensing courses and expect to be licensed by December.

    Thanks for reading and I am excited to get to know some more people!

    Welcome to the forum Daniel,

    After completing hundreds of deals in Toledo I can say that it truly is one of the best "bang for your buck" type markets nationwide

    Feel free to stop by our office sometime

    We are on Sylvania Ave and not too fare from El Camino

    Thanks and have a great day

  • Andrew FidlerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Toledo, OH · Member since 2011 · 384 posts · 434 votes
    8y

    @Daniel Lipinski- you will love the business Dan, ten fold what returns look like in the finance world!

  • Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    @Daniel Lipinski Welcome to Toledo!   I also recently got into RE investing.  I joined up with my brother, who already had a couple properties, and now we are closing on two properties in Toledo this month.  If you ever need anything, hit me up!

  • Investor · Columbus, MT · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Daniel Lipinski

    I grew up just outside of Toledo and still have all my family back in that area. 

    My Dad and brother are both looking into getting started into flipping as well. perhaps you guys should share some ideas. 

    @Engelo Rumora  is a brilliant marketer and you would do well to learn from him. 

    Good luck out there!

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    @Daniel Lipinski

    I grew up just outside of Toledo and still have all my family back in that area. 

    My Dad and brother are both looking into getting started into flipping as well. perhaps you guys should share some ideas. 

    @Engelo Rumora  is a brilliant marketer and you would do well to learn from him. 

    Good luck out there!

    Thanks for the kind words mate :)

  • Rental Property Investor · wyoming · Member since 2017 · 76 posts · 73 votes
    8y

    @Daniel Lipinski I'm moving to Toledo, OH in 3 months time. We should definitely link up! Great goal with lots of opportunity in Toledo - my plan is to flip to buy/hold also!

    Definitely connect with & folllow @Engelo Rumora he has done tons of deals and I have learnt a lot already from him!

  • Toledo, OH · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 880 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Daniel Lipinski, we have the same goals and ambitions! Once you get your feet wet with your first deal, you will see why you changed your career path! Good luck brother!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y

    @Daniel Lipinski

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Co-Owner · New Berlin, WI · Member since 2017 · 224 posts · 71 votes
    8y

    @Daniel Lipinski I grew up in Toledo. Great place to be. Let me know if I can help at all as I do carry a license in OH.

  • Matt GibsonPro Member
    Dexter, MI · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Welcome! I'm new too and not far from you (southeast Michigan). Looking forward to making great progress. It would be great to connect.

  • Michigan City, IN · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    @Daniel Lipinski Good luck in your future plans. I have been on here for a month now and this is definitely a good place to start. If you have any kind of commute to work currently go ahead and listen to the Podcasts. I started from 1 and have made my way up to #41 today.  Those things have a ton of useful information. 

  • Linda LabbePro Member
    Investor · North Bay, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 709 posts · 262 votes
    8y

    Good luck with you plans  am also getting my licence its a great step  am always looking for eyes on the ground

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.