Greenville NC meet up!

Greenville NC meet up!

Wholesaler · Concord NC · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 8 votes

Hey everyone!

My name is Jalon and I am fairly new to real estate investing. I have been reading and doing research for the past couple months and I feel that real estate is a great opportunity to build wealth for myself and my future family. I live in the Greenville, North Carolina area and would like to surround myself with like minded people who are also focused on being successful in real estate. So if you're in the Greenville area and would like to meet up please let me know!

Thank you

2Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Greenville, NC · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 4 votes
8y

Hi y'all. Welcome Jalon. REI is AWESOME. I'm doing wholesaling but I started last year in May. Working my way up. Anyhow. In the entrepreneurial mindset there is a Greenville Real Estate Investors group you can find them on Facebook. They will be meeting soon. Also everyone is welcome to meet up at my "open house" for my 12 property wholesale deal on March 10th from 12-3p :)

See this reply in the discussion

55 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greenville, NC · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I do I had a WONDERFUL experience with this inspector and he has experience in crawl spaces also. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, NC · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 38 votes
    8y
  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 59 votes
    8y

    @Sebastian Kressley congratulations!  I use Eddie Hudson with Midway Home Inspections and Allen Hahn for my closing attorney.  Both very professional and reasonable.

    Where’s your property located?  Looking forward to hearing about it!

  • Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
    8y

    @Sebastian Kressley I also use Eddie Hudson based on @Rob Jones recommendations and also second his recommendation, easily. I used Danny Harrington to close. Local, professional and owns rentals too. Eddie has a wealth of local contacts too and wisdom. PM for numbers- bp blocks them here.

    Congrats!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Greenville, NC · Member since 2015 · 164 posts · 90 votes
    8y

    I use Bill Fell with L&B Home Inspections for mine and use The Jones Law Firm for our closings.  Both of the other attorneys are good as well.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 59 votes
    8y

    No relation to The Jones Law firm.  Just throwing that out there.  Would've been nice and probably would've saved me a lot of money!   :) 

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, NC · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    @Rob Jones it's located on 14th street, about a mile from the Stadium.

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    Hello everyone!

    My name is Tavon Littles a newbie to REI. I am a May 2018 graduating senior at ECU. I picked up my first Real Estate Investing book at the end of 2016 and have been hooked since.

    Looking to learn from and work with investors in the Greenville area. My goal is to invest in my first property before graduation. 

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Greenville, NC · Member since 2015 · 164 posts · 90 votes
    8y

    I sent the evite earlier today for this event on March 31st.  If you did not receive it and would like to then please send me your email address privately please.  I really look forward to meeting everyone and growing our network!

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, NC · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    Good Morning Everyone,

    Sorry to bother again but does anyone have any investor-friendly mortgage brokers in mind? I've gotten a few quotes a couple months back with BB&T and OnQFinancial. I've heard credit unions are a great way to build investment relationships although I'm not a state employee so that knocks them off the list. Any other small time brokers that I could reach out to?

    I come to y'all today because I just received the sellers signatures on the offer to purchase! The home is now under contract so the clock starts today. I need to get in gear quickly!

    Thanks again for all of the continued support,

    Sebastian

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    @Sebastian Kressley - Congratulations! Good luck with the investment. As far as mortgage it depends on the loan. I've used Coastal Federal Credit Union for a few years now and they've been awesome. Let me know if I can help!

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, NC · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    @Matt King Thank you very much! I'm looking for a 3.5% down FHA First Bank in Washington, NC has some really good rates. I'm going to make more calls tomorrow and make a decision by Friday.

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 59 votes
    8y

    @Sebastian Kressley any update on your financing situation?  I'm in the process of refinancing a few of my places and would like to hear what your banks are quoting you.

  • Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
    8y

    @Brian Corbett I’m planning on attending the Meetup on Saturday. Do you have rsvp’s yet?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Greenville, NC · Member since 2015 · 164 posts · 90 votes
    8y

    @Nancy Bachety, yes we have about 15 RSVP’s so far. 

  • Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
    8y

    @Brian Corbett Pleasantly surprised at the turnout and quality of information at yesterday’s Meetup. Kudos to BP and networking and organization. Frank and I can be around on May 12, Saturday if that fits in for another Meetup. @Rob Jones When is your next visit east? Would love to manage a meetup when you're visiting, if possible. Brian will be sharing contact information and Ellis might help out with your refinancing needs. Also, can anyone recommend a window installer for a SFH with 12 -15 windows?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Greenville, NC · Member since 2015 · 164 posts · 90 votes
    8y

    I was ecstatic with the turn out!  Wasn’t exactly sure what to expect with the first one.  I really hope this momentum builds.  I will look at that date and post later if it will fit.  

    I have someone that can help with the windows.  I will be glad to pass those along.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 59 votes
    8y

    @Brian Corbett glad to hear you all had a great turnout!

    @Nancy Bachety I think I'll be headed home in and around the June time-frame.  I've got a lot of work travel planned for the next two months so I don't think I'll have much time before then.  I'll reach out to you when I'm headed back.  I hope things are going well for you!

  • Wholesaler · Concord NC · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    Hey, I hope that everyone is doing well. I have pretty good news! Since making the original post a few months ago, I have been learning to wholesale real estate with my mentor who I met at the local REI meetup. Today, I have gotten my first two properties under contract and I'm looking for buyers!

    The first house is a 4 bed 2 bath 1600 sq ft house located Kinston, NC. The second is a 2 bed 1 bath house located in Farmville, NC. If you're interested in hearing more about any of these properties send me a message!

  • Flipper · Kinston, NC · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I’m interested in the next meetup once you schedule it can you include me on the invite? I used to invest in Greenville, but focused on kinston the last few years. Looking to possibly get back into the Greenville market.

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, NC · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    Happy Friday Everyone!

    We are coming up on just about a month or so since our last meeting. Have we had any developments on another meeting time?

    @Brian Corbett @Tiffany Alexy @Nancy Bachety @Tavon Littles @Dorinda Holmes @Rob Jones @Jalon Hogan @Bryan Pike

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 59 votes
    8y

    @Sebastian Kressley    I plan to be home in mid-June.  I'd love to be able to make the next one!

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 59 votes
    8y

    @Brian Corbett...I'll be home the 8th of June through the 12th.  Any chance we can get some people together in that time span?

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, NC · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    Thank you to all of you that have helped me throughout my close process. I am officially the owner of a house hack duplex.

    Cheers,

    Sebastian

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, NC · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    Good Afternoon All,

    @Brian Corbett & I have teamed up to get another RE meeting together.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/58...

    Here is the link to the event. The meeting will take place Wednesday July 11th from 5:30-7:00pm. PM me for details, we will either have a speaker on "How To Obtain and Use Private Money" or an informational session about Wholesaling.

    Hope to have another great turn out!

    Cheers,

    Sebastian

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.